Wednesday, October 13, 2010

When it rains, it pours...at least we have clean gutters!

Last weekend was quite eventful!!

As the title of this entry says, we had our gutters cleaned out! They said the back one was just cluttered, but the front one was "really bad" and was so clogged it had standing water! Yikes! So, here is a picture of our newly cleaned gutters! (And before you ask, I did not take these pictures. The reason we had to hire someone to clean the gutters is because Tony wouldn't let me on a ladder to clean them out myself!)

Saturday morning we had a new furnace put in...we had a guy come out and check out our furnace before we turned it on for the summer (something I am proud to say my dad taught me!) and as it kicked on, flames, yes you read that right, FLAMES shot out of the front of the furnace! We turned it off in 3 different places (the thermostat, the furnace and the gas line!) and quickly came to the conclusion a new furnace was a must. I can't say I'm surprised...the old one was about 25 years old! It was bound to happen sometime!!! At least it happened before December 31st so we can still get that energy tax credit! :) Here's the old furnace in our driveway...the installation guys threatened to leave it on my driveway as a lawn ornament! :)
Here's our new one! :) It doesn't look smaller than the old one, but trust me, it is!!! Plus it's 95% efficient!! Our house will be nice and toasty now!!! If I had taken a picture of the old one installed, you wouldn't have been able to see the water heater to the left!!!
Saturday we also had a visitor! My friend, Julie, stopped by for a quick visit with her baby, Scarlett! I couldn't believe how big Scarlett has gotten!!! Too bad her mommy didn't put her in some GOOD clothing! :)
So, now that I've mentioned it, I have to talk about it! GO GREEN! :) Emma was the funniest in regards to the big game on Saturday...she's been "Go Green" since she was born and she's been working SO HARD to get Bradlee to say it, too! On Friday, she sat at the dining room table for about a half hour trying to get him to say "Go Green!"!! She said, "Now Bradlee, say 'go green!'" and Bradlee would respond, "No go geen, go boo!!" LOL Emma looked at me rolled her eyes, sighed and said, "Mama, this one is going to be tricky..." :) He basically changes his cheer depending on who he's talking to! :) Emma and I went to the Farmer's Market Saturday morning, and she picked these up for our house...
On Monday, on my way to pick the kids up from school, I paused several times to take some pictures of some BEEEEE-U-TEEEEE-FUL trees!!!!!! I am enjoying fall in Michigan! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Seems like you had a lot of things to attend to over the weekend, like installing your new furnace. At least you got your gutters cleaned at last. Regular maintenance is necessary so you won't have to repair or replace it during inclement weather.

AJC Roofing