Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fall Festival!

What a FABULOUS Friday we had! Emma and Bradlee's school, Davisburg Elementary, held their annual "Family Fall Festival" on Friday night. It was a fundraiser for the school, and included game bracelets for the kids, dinner (a taco bar) and a TON of other activities, including a raffle!

We stayed the whole time, 6pm - 9pm, and the kids just loved it! They had tractor-pulled hayrides around the school property (both kids loved so much, we did it twice!). They also had cookie decorating:

And a CRAFT project!
This is where I got into trouble. There were a couple other kids trying to do the art project...so the "volunteer" in charge of the room asked me if I would be okay if she went to help the other kids. My reply: "No problem! I'm crafty!" Tony's response: "My wife is the stamping queen!" Great. That immediately got a response from the volunteer, who also happens to have a daughter at the high school who just "loves Mr. Coggins"!! :) She asked me if I would be interested in helping with the Santa's Workshop in December...then it moved to "Oh, I need a co-chair!" AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! My daughter's only a Kindergartner! I don't even know what Santa's Workshop is!! We left her with my phone number and I agreed to consider having a table to sell a project...I roped my Mom into helping me! :)
Back to the Fall Festival...in the gym at the school, they had a ton of games, a gymnastics course set up, and a HUGE bounce house! Emma also found some of her friends from class! Here is Emma with Cindra (in the middle, they went to pre-k together) and Emma's new friend, Claire!
Bradlee and Emma both loved the gymnastics course. It was so cool to watch Emma take it so seriously...it was like she was thinking, "I KNOW how to do this..." She would concentrate SO had on the beams and making sure she did her somersaults just right! What a girl! Bradlee LOVED the bounce house...so much so, that the "bounce house supervisor" had to go in when his time was up to get Bradlee out! :)
Finally, both kids liked playing the "Plinko" game! Tony helped them win some tickets to redeem for prizes!!!
We had a great time at the festival and loved meeting the parents of Emma's new friends! :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

Sounds like such a GREAT family evening. Glad you enjoyed yourselves.