Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Halloween is not my favorite holiday. In fact...it's my absolute least favorite holiday. I don't like dressing up. I don't like all the amounts of candy and sugar. I really don't like being scared - you know, like things jump out at you - scared. I think it's that element of surprise that gets me. I just hate it.

However, even through my hate of this holiday, I still make sure I allow my kids to make their own opinions of it...and of course, they love it! :) They are both a little apprehensive of scary masks and such, but for the most part, they're pretty good.

We carved pumpkins on Thursday night. Bradlee wanted nothing to do with it...Emma did a great job! I ended up carving Bradlee's for him...with the Mickey head! He loved it! Emma made a face (complete with cheeks) on hers, and Tony did a free-hand star!

Saturday night, Tony had to DJ a wedding reception, so I took the kids over to my parents house. They live in the city of Flint, which had their trick-or-treating on Saturday night instead of Sunday. So, we walked up to the house and saw that Boppa (my dad) had been busy!


Emma was "okay" with the hands coming out of the ground...she had found the idea in one of my magazines and given it to Boppa to do! Boppa brought their dog, Maggie, and we took the kids trick-or-treating in their/our neighborhood. It was C-R-A-Z-Y. My mom went through 10 bags of candy in 2 hours! Nuts!!!Lots of rude people, too, of course! Bradlee had no problems standing next to the "scary guy crawling out of the ground with smoke"! :)

On Sunday, we went to the "trunk-or-treat" at church! Emma and her friend, Evelyn, had a great time walking and running around! Evelyn's sister, Isla, is our "future daughter-in-law"! LOL She's adorable and Bradlee just loves her!

After the trunk-or-treat, we headed over to Tony's parents house to trick-or-treat in Flushing, which kept theirs on Halloween. We only went to a few houses, and the kids were WORN OUT! Good thing, we definitely don't need all that candy in our house! We went with our friends, Matt and Desiree, and their kids. Here's Emma and "Batman" (Dorian)!! :)

All-in-all, it was a nice Halloween. I'm glad it's over, though...here are my "Ariel" ("as a mermaid, NOT a human!) and my "Cozy Cow" (or as he says, "Tozy Tow"!) :)

No comments: