Monday, September 20, 2010

Go Chips!!!

It's been a GREAT weekend! Bradlee's getting over a stuffy nose-thing, and since he's a little too small, he didn't get to participate in a few of the activities, but he still had a great weekend, too!

It's started...Emma brought home her first fundraiser of the year! We were told it was the only grade-specific fundraiser she'll have this year, and it's called a "Fun Run". For 20 minutes, the kids get to walk or run around a track to see how many laps they can do. They get pledges and donations ahead of time and then get to see how well they do! The funds go towards supplies and such for the school: books, paper, tables, computers, etc. So, if any of you would like to donate, we'd appreciate it! :) The Fun Run is October 1st, and money's due October 15th...so just let me know if you're interested in donating to her school! :)

On Friday, Bradlee stayed home from school with Tony's mom...Lynne took him up to the football field to see Beepee (Tony's dad), who was setting up the field for the varsity football game that night...Bradlee LOVES to talk into the microphone (oh no! not another one!)...here, he's singing "La lalalalala La laaaaaaaaaaa"!! :)


Friday night, I attended a stamping workshop at my Stampin' Up demonstrator's house..."Chicks and Chocolate!" while Tony and Emma went to the Holly/Fenton football game. They had a GREAT time!!! The football teams participated in a fundraiser for the last two weeks to see who could raise the most money for their respective armed services charity...Fenton had the Army and Holly had the Marines. Part of the game, they had an Army OH-53 surveillance helicopter there that the fans could sit in...

The good news...HOLLY WON! :)

Saturday night I started feeling really crappy and had a major pain in my side below my rib cage. Finally, after snoozing on and off, I had Tony take me to the ER around 5am. I was diagnosed with gallstones (after an ultrasound of my spleen, kidneys, liver and gallbladder) and a UTI. I got an antibiotic and was put on a "low-fat" diet for at least the next few days. Of course, once I was in the hospital room in the ER, I started to feel better....it's all psychological, and it drives me nuts! My mom told me, though...when I say I'm in pain, it must really be bad! I'm doing much better now!

Saturday we (of course) had some major plans...to take Emma to her first college football game! Central played Eastern at Eastern, and Tony, Emma and I were going to go along with my mom, dad and Karyn. Emma was SOOOOOOO excited (and that's an understatement!) to go, not only for the game, but to tailgate, too!! Well, a combination of the weather and my not feeling good kept us home, instead. And too bad, too! Emma was so disappointed, but we still went over to my parents house, Karyn found the game on her laptop, which we put on a table in the living room, and my dad set up the Florida room (which is under construction, so there's no furniture) with the food table and blankets for the kids to sit on...it was so neat!!! Of course, Emma still wore her CMU gear...which she was excited about, too!

The best part of the day was that CMU won, 52-14!!! What a game! :) We had a really good time, and promised Emma we would take her to a REAL football game and tailgate sometime this year! :) While we were there, Karyn kept trying to get Bradlee to say "Go Eagles!"...he would look at her a put his finger out and say, "No no no....GO CHIPS!" I've taught my kids well! :)

This morning, Kat and Garrett came and picked Emma up and took her to the Renaissance Festival in Holly. I remember going a LONG time ago when we were little and getting the tall, pointy princess hats...so of course, I was totally expecting this:

She had a good time eating her turkey drumstick, watching the jousting tournament and making a magic wand out of dragon snot (it sticks better than glue)!

Tony took Bradlee with him to see his family in Laingsburg (near Lansing). Tony's cousin passed away in a motorcycle accident last week, and since he can't really miss school, he went to visit the family this afternoon. Bradlee went with him and I stayed home and defrosted the freezers, did the laundry and then, when Emma got home, made dinner for the two of us! Here's my little stud...our problem with Bradlee now, is that he has no butt and is so skinny that he still fits in some 12 month clothing!! CRAZY. So his shirts are 10 or 24 months, and his pants/shorts are 12 or 18 month!! UGH. So frustrating! :) So, here's an outfit that Lynne got him...the shirt is 18 month and the pants are 12 month...the pants that came with the outfit are 18 month and there was about 2 inches between his tummy and the pants waistband! He's still quite the cutie, though! :)

This week will (hopefully) be fairly uneventful...I have Friday off, so Thursday after work I'm going to drive over to Waterloo (Canada) and spend the long weekend with my friend, Lauren...she just had a baby last month and her husband, Scott, is going to be out of town (in CHINA!), so I thought I'd go and spend time with both of them...and meet William! :) I'm sure I'll post some pictures when I get back! Until then, have a great week! :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

Fire Up Chips! We are going to the game this Saturday here against Northwestern. I can't wait! I don't think I've been to a college football game since Lauren's been born. Have a great visit with Lauren and William.