Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Fabulous Weekend...

I had one of the most fabulous weekends last week....

On Thursday after work, I headed over to Waterloo, Ontario to visit my best friend, Lauren. Lauren and I lived together our last year at CMU and we've been fortunate enough to remain close, even though we live 200 miles apart!

Lauren and her husband, Scott, had a baby boy on August 11th, William Thomas. Scott had to go to China for a week for work, so I used a vacation day, took Friday off, and spent a long weekend with her and Will!

I had no problems crossing the border on the way there, and arrived right around 6pm on Thursday night. We made dinner (well, Lauren made dinner...I started bonding with Will!) and just talked and talked and talked. I didn't even mind missing the season premiers of Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice! :)

According to Lauren, Will has had a rough 6 weeks of life. He's being tested for GIRD (acid reflux), so he's taking baby Zantac, and Lauren's also cut out dairy from her diet, both seem to be helping! He (apparently) was a totally different baby while I was there, and we even got Will to sit in his bouncy chair while we ate dinner!

Friday morning we got up and enjoyed breakfast and coffee with Lauren's sister-in-law, Stephanie, and two of her 3 daughters, Rosalyn and Zoe. Zoe was born the day before Will...and you should see her hair!
After lunch, Lauren and I loaded Will (unwillingly) into the into the car seat and we went out to Babies R Us and walked around the mall for a bit. Then we met Lauren and Scott's friends, Gia and Brett and their little girl, Charlotte (9 months old) for some Thai dinner! We had a nice time just talking and watching the kids! They both were so good, although they let us know when they were ready to go home!
Saturday morning, Will was all smiles...even when we put him in his swing!!
When I got out of the shower, I heard Lauren talking to Will in her room...and he was coo-ing right back! I went in and sat down for a bit and all of a sudden, Will let some gas RIP! :) Since he's also had problems with gas, this was actually a good thing! Then Lauren got this panicked look on her face and she lifted Will's leg up to display a trail of poop that had leaked out of his diaper and down her shirt and jeans...she was saying, "What do I do? What do I do?" I said, "Hold it right there, I need to get the camera!" :) I got Will cleaned up while Lauren cleaned herself up...all was good! :)
After that excitement, we went out to Walmart and to the market....WOW. That's really all I can say. This market was not only a food market, but a flea market and food court type market, too! It was awesome! We got homemade cinnamon rolls and coffee for breakfast/lunch and picked up some salmon for dinner and then headed back home! Will slept the WHOLE time! :)

We made dinner (again, Lauren made dinner) and I entertained Will some more...my sister, Karyn, made him a blanket: green with lizards on it! It was really cute, and Will was in a good mood, so I got a few pictures of him laying on it. He loved the material (fleece) and was so quiet, just looking around at his room and listening to me talking to him! What a cute baby!!! I'm in love!
I left around 4:45 on Saturday afternoon and had no problems getting home. I stopped at the duty free shop (Canada side) to use the bathroom and get a little something for the kids...other than that, and the custom's guard calling me boring :) , the ride home was pretty uneventful! I had such a good time, and I still just smile thinking about little things that happened, or thinking about Will and what a cute kid he is. I can't wait to see him and Lauren (and Scott) again! :)

No comments: