Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Still Alive!

I know, two weeks is a long time...but to be honest, there hasn't been much to blog about! I'll try to be better, I promise! :)

It's been a busy few weeks, but to be honest, I can't remember a thing we've done! Must be a sign of getting old! LOL We had a wonderful Easter weekend with our families...starting on Friday when we were trying to get Bradlee to SMILE for a picture! Here, he's wearing some super-cute pj's that Emma also used to wear! Now, when I try to take his picture, he will put his fingers in the corners of his mouth and pulls to smile! What a goof!

Saturday, we had the 4th Annual Easter Egg Hunt and Pancake Dinner at our friends', Matt & Desiree, house. What a great time! This year was the biggest yet, with over 25 kids running around! Unfortunately, just in time for the hunt, it started raining, so the kids got a little wet, but fun was still had by all!!! Here's Emma and Bradlee in the car afterwards!
Tony read for the Easter Vigil mass at church, so I took the kids to Walmart for some last minute shopping and then home and to bed. We had a nice evening together. Once they were in bed (by 8:30pm), I baked a coffee cake for breakfast in the morning, cleaned up the house (especially the living/play room!), and then started on a treasure hunt for the kids to follow the next morning to find their Easter baskets! What a great time I had planning it, and then watching the kids follow it!!! It started with a letter from the Easter Bunny, explaining what to do and for Emma to make sure she took Bradlee with her! There were clues at each spot that she had to figure out where to go next. For example, "You will find clue number four, with something you and Bradlee drink that's kept in a door!"...Emma heard that, put her pointer finger in the air and exclaimed, "WE DRINK JUICE! IT'S IN THE FRIDGERADER!" And down we went to the fridge! I had us going upstairs and downstairs! There were plastic, candy (or gummy bear)-filled eggs at each spot as well, so Bradlee was highly interested in that....here's Tony reading the letter and first clue to the kids and Bradlee checking out one of the eggs!

Ten clues later, they found their Easter baskets! Emma was ECSTATIC about "The Princess and the Frog" and Bradlee was highly intrigued by the gummy Lifesaver "bunnies and chicks"...

Tony started not feeling well, so he stayed home in bed while the kids and I went over to my parents' house for Easter dinner. My in-laws, our friend, Paul, and my grandparents also joined us!

Oh, I forgot....on Saturday, I took some of the hard boiled eggs Emma had colored and made some "debbiled" eggs for Emma. She ate 3 halves, and after the 4th one, asked me if she could call Aunt Kathi. I dialed the phone and let Emma have it...she waited for the voicemail "beep" and said, "Hi Aunt Kathi. This is Emma. Mommy made some debbiled eggs wrong, so I was wondering if you would make some good ones for me when I see you tomorrow. Thanks. See you tomorrow! Love you! Bye!" Gee, thanks, kid. Apparently, I put too much mustard in. So, Sunday afternoon, Emma and Aunt Kathi were making "real" deviled eggs...and, of course, Bradlee had to help, too! Here they are peeling the shells off the eggs...

While we were waiting for dinner, Uncle Garrett and Aunt Kathi took Emma for a ride in "Scarlett" (Aunt Kathi's red convertible)!! She LOVES putting her hands up and "the wind in my hair"! LOL Here they are!!!

After dinner, we were able to get some cute pictures of me with the kids...we're still working on Bradlee's smile! :)

Tony started feeling better, so he was able to come over later into the evening. Unfortunately, before we thought of it, my grandparents and Paul left before we got this great group picture!!!

1 comment:

Kate said...

An Easter treasure hunt...what a wonderful idea!