Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Nice Weekend...

We had a nice few days, this past weekend...got a lot done around the house and are READY for some warm weather! On Sunday, we went to Rochester Hills to celebrate my grandma's (Snookie) birthday. My Aunt Pat from Connecticut and my Uncle Moose from Chicago were also able to make it, along with my parents and sisters and Garrett. The kids were so entertaining on the way down, I had to take some pictures. Emma had about 8 stuffed animals with her, so they all had to be in the picture (of course!) and Bradlee was just being his normal goofy self!

Emma, Kat and Garrett stopped at Meijer to get some carrot cake and ice cream to enjoy back at my grandparent's house...Emma, of course, had to help blow out the candles! Bradlee did, as well, but from a further distance!!

Monday was probably the most entertaining day of the week for me...each morning, Tony gets up, gets his shower and dressed, then wakes me up and while he's getting the car packed with back packs and lunches and such, I get the kids dressed. I get Emma dressed first, and once she's dressed, I either send her to get her shoes on (unless I remember to set them out the night before) and/or brush her teeth, while I go a get Bradlee ready. Well, on Monday, it was a "go get your shoes on and brush your teeth" day, so I ended up not seeing her completely dressed. When I picked her up from school that afternoon, she raced over to me and gave me a huge hug, and while she said good bye to her teacher, I noticed something different...she had on two different shoes! I looked again, and sure enough, one was a blue tie-up shoe, the other was a pink/purple Velcro shoe! I looked at her and said, "Emma! Why do you have two different shoes on?!" She looked at me and said, "Well, my closet was dark when I went to get my shoes on this morning, so I just got one shoe for each foot." I said, "Why didn't you just turn on the light on your room?" {{{pause}}} "Oh." LOL
I asked her if Tony (Daddy) had noticed this morning and she said "Nope!" and I asked her if her teachers had noticed and she said, "Mrs. Edsall laughed and said I was silly." HA! What a goof! She was so non-chalant about it and didn't seem to care at ALL about it!? I wonder when you grow out of that "who cares" phase and into the "oh-my-God-I'm-mortified-and-have-to-call-my-mom-to-have-her-bring-me-new-shoes" phase...I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. I wasn't worried about it, either, and all the way home, I would think about it and just giggle. I had to take a picture when we got home...
When we got home, Emma started playing with some of her little doll sets (Polly Pockets). When she stepped away for a minute, Bradlee got up on her chair and dumped the whole bucket of minuscule dolls/clothes/shoes/etc. all over the floor! Once Emma and I picked it up, I saw Bradlee sitting in the kitchen doorway with something in his hand. I looked closer and saw that it was one of Emma's little doll shoes that we missed. He was sitting there intently trying to put this mini doll shoe on his foot! So cute....
He finally gave up and gave the shoe back to Emma on his own! It must have been the day for shoe-antics!!!

No comments: