Thursday, April 8, 2010

Smile for the camera, 'mon!

Told ya I'd be better about posting more frequently!

Anyway, on Easter Sunday, I did Emma's hair in a "fancy" way...basically, I did a half French braid across the top of her head and down the side to keep the little hairs out of her face. That night, before bed, we took the braid out and she was so impressed how "curly" the hair was that was in the braid. I told her that one of these days during her spring break, after her bath at night time, I would put a ton of little braids in her hair and then in the morning her whole head would be like that! She took me up on it! Last night, Wednesday night, is also ganaxis (gymnastics) night...so by default, Emma gets a bath (to get all that chalk and sweat off her little body!). I called my sister, Karyn, who came over to help me put braids in Emma's hair. She also got her toe nails painted! She's ALL girl! :)

This afternoon, since I had to work, Karyn came over again to take all the little braids out and do something with what was produced! Her hair turned out so cute! I was wavy, but not too puffy like I expected it to be! She just LOVED it! Of course, after Karyn did Emma's hair, Bradlee needed his hair "done", too! Creative Aunt Karyn combed his hair and sprayed a bit of hairspray in it and he was better. What lucky kids Bradlee and Emma are to have their own "hairdresser", Aunt Karyn!!

After work, I met Tony, the kids, and a friend of mine, Susan, with her two kids at Safari Playground in Holly. It's an indoor playground, and also where Emma had her last birthday party. Susan and I went to grade school together and have recently connected again through church and such. Her daughters are Evelyn (4 years) and Isla (8 months). Evelyn and Emma have become good friends through play dates and church and they took a ganaxis class together as well. We met them for a play date, since ALL the kids were missing their
school friends! What a great afternoon! Safari Playground is a great place to go. The doors are locked so the kids can't get out, they have AWESOME pizza, and it's a place where Tony and I could just sit and talk with Susan and not even worry about Bradlee running around and playing on the slides and such. It's a really neat place, and we'll be going there quite a bit! Bradlee LOVES Isla (and calls her "Lila")...as you can see, he loves to flirt! :) Susan and I joke around and say they are already betrothed! They're all so cute to watch interact with each other. Such great fun with great friends!! Tony and I are so fortunate to have such great family and great friends!!!

No comments: