Sunday, April 11, 2010

Is Spring Break over yet?

Although it's nice to have the kids home, not that it matters to me, since I have to work, I notice in the checkbook in that we don't have to pay for daycare during breaks, it's always nice to know that the kids, and Tony, enjoy school so much that they want to return after a break. Emma's probably been ready since Wednesday...so we strategically placed a play date with her friend, Evelyn, on Thursday to break up the constant playing with Tony! :) School starts back up on Monday, and I've been told by Tony that there are only 9 weeks left to the 2009-2010 school year. Then, my blog readers, Emma will officially be a Kindergartner! How do YOU say CRAZY!? :)

So Friday night the kids were at my in-laws, and Tony and I were just going to have a nice evening together at home...then I texted my friend, Julie (the one who just had Scarlett back in March!) to see how she was doing and out of the blue I asked her if she wanted to do something that night....low and behold, SHE DID! That, like, NEVER happens! :) So, with Tony's full support (and probably anticipation of having the house to himself for the evening), I met Julie and Scarlett at Great Lakes Crossing (a huge outlet-type mall in Auburn Hills) for some shopping and dinner. We hit Children's Place (a store Julie didn't know about until we went shopping once when Emma was little!) and left with a BARGAIN. Julie found Scarlett a winter coat for $2.99 and I found some awesome sandals for Bradlee to wear this summer and some shorts for Miss Emma...we also found a few other things that were all less than $2!! SWEET! I've been told I'm going shopping with Julie and Scarlett more often...I say, "AWESOME!"!!!!!

No comments: