Saturday, July 19, 2008

39 Week Update!

Well, even though I didn't have a doctor's appointment this week, due to my doctor being out of town, I will give y'all an update anyways!

The update is that there is no update! No contractions, no discomfort, no unusual things going on that may even hint that Bradlee's getting ready to come....and I may be the only one who is okay with this! I have never had so many comments from people saying, "You must be so uncomfortable!" or "You must be SO ready to have the baby!" HEL-LO?! This being pregnant part is the easy part of the whole thing! Why would I want ot rush Bradlee out when he's not ready to come yet?! I'm still going to work every day and doing things around the house like normal, why should anyone else alter their plans in anticipation?! Tony's still DJ-ing on the weekends like normal...of course, his boss is his backup if I do go into labor when he's out on a job, but still...just normal, everyday plans, still! I figure, Bradlee will come when he wants to...or when my doctor wants him to!!

In other news...my dad had his rotator cuff surgery yesterday and came through with flying colors...apparently there was some more damage than the MRI had showed, so they fixed a little more,but all-in-all, he should be back up on ladders (just not at my house!) soon! He'll have about a month of SEVERE limited mobility in his left arm and probably some physical therapy after that, and then back to "normal" dad. For those of you who don't know what happened...back in February I asked my dad if his extended ladder could reach to the top of our house 'cause we had a piece of siding hanging off. He came over one weekend when Tony was DJ-ing and took it upon himself to get on the ladder (in the snow) and try to fix it. Well, the ladder slide from under him and he fell with it, hitting our grill with his left shoulder on the way down and cutting his cheek below his left eye as well....our backyard looked like a murder scene! Anyways, I took him to the ER and he's had pretty bad pain in his shoulder since...which lead to him seeing an orthopedic surgeon and then leading to this surgery...we tease him about it...especially because when we were sitting in the emergency room, he kept saying things like, "That must have been what Chevy Chase in 'Christmas Vacation' felt like!" LOL Anyways, we're all really happy that thing have turned out okay...and Emma can't wait for him to get better so he can build tents in the living room with her again!

I think that's all the updates for this week....stay tuned for WEEK 40!!! I never saw week 40 with Emma....in fact, I never even saw week 39! Speaking of Emma, here's a picture of her in her photogenic glory!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Good luck when Bradlee's time to enter this world does come! :)