Monday, January 31, 2011

One more for January...

I can't believe it's the last day of January. It seems crazy to think that Christmas was OVER a month ago!

This past weekend, my mom and I went on our annual retreat at St. Mary's Retreat House in Oxford, Michigan. We left Friday afternoon, stopped for dinner and then came back home Sunday afternoon. It was a great weekend...filled with thought-provoking conversation, prayer, restful times, more praying and just some time to get away!! The only thing missing was Snookie, my grandma! She was unable to attend this year.

This is my 8th time on retreat with my mom...she figured that this was her 28th year! I have tried getting others to come with us, because it's really a nice weekend...so if any of you reading would be interested in coming next year, please let me know! It's always the last weekend of January we go!

When I was packing to leave, Emma started crying, saying how she didn't want me to leave! So I believe we've started a new tradition where she has a notebook that she writes in while we're apart! I figured she would either forget about it, or totally write me a book! LOL She wrote a few things that she did each day, and I'm going to save it for her to do the same thing next year. It will be fun to see how her writing progresses over the years!

No pictures for this post...sorry! :) Instead, I tried posting a song, but it didn't work... :) This is probably my favorite song right now...it's called "Follow Me There" by Third Day...you may recognize it from the TLC show "Sarah Palin's Alaska"...the words are great and I listened to it over and over again this past weekend...you can listen to it HERE!!

No comments: