Monday, January 17, 2011

Jammies Jammies Everywhere!

Well, it's been a busy few weeks...and I think that would be an understatement!

Back at the end of December, my friend, Lauren, visited on their way home from visiting her family in Grand Rapids. Her, Scott (her husband) and Will (the new baby!) brought the kids pajamas for Christmas!! Bradlee's are a flannel 2-piece jammie set with skiing moose on them...and I absolutely LOVE them!!! Emma's are from Old Navy-Canada, and have a peace sign, heart and a maple leaf on the shirt and all over the pants...super cute! :)

I also noticed that I have a lot of pictures of the kids in pajamas...and here's one of my favorite ones of the "kids" over Winter Break! :)

And yet another one of Bradlee in his "Buzz" jammies! I just love how these fit him...and when he wears them, he runs around the house yelling "iffity an ye-yond!" ("To Infinity and Beyond!") :):)

We were over at my parents house a few times in the past week, and we just get the biggest kick out of their cat, Arwen. She lets the kids pet her, pull her whiskers, scratch her tummy and, of course, feed her treats! She's the most laid back cat I've ever met...and one of the fluffiest! We had a game out and Arwen decided to make herself comfy in the lid of the game! :) The kids just LOVED this, too...

This past Saturday, Tony was announcing for both the women's and men's basketball games at Mott Community College, so I got to spend the entire afternoon with my babies...the last thing we did before Tony got home was pull out this stuff they got for Christmas called "Moon Dough". It's like Play-Doh, only it doesn't dry out...and in my opinion, much better! I don't mind Play-Doh, but if you get it on clothes or anything fabric it's a pain to get out. If it get on the table, it makes a mess. It's just a pain and the things you use with the Play-Doh, to play with it, don't clean very well, either! The problem with Moon Dough, though, is that it's flaky. I can't really describe it...so maybe a few pictures could demonstrate it better....make sure you check out the floor...

Nice, eh? I suppose it's okay, though, because I could just sweep it right up with a dust pan and broom!! The little barn actually makes 3-D animals for the barnyard, too! Super cute. We had a nice time playing with it! :)

Emma had one of her cavities filled back at the beginning of the month, and the other one done this afternoon. Apparently, the dentist is also watching two other teeth as well...the ones right next to the ones that were filled. It's not actually cavities IN the teeth that were filled, it's some decay on the outside/between the teeth...so we have to keep brushing and flossing really well to prevent any problems. Once her permanent teeth come in, I'm hoping she can have the pit and fissure sealant applied that I also had done, to prevent any problems with her permanent teeth...that's a ways down the road, though, so we'll have to see! :)

Well, that's all the news for now. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Lauren and I were reading your blog while eating breakfast this morning and she asked who the kids were. I told her and she said, "I want to play with B-Lee and Emma, not right now, but on Monday." So if you guys are free next Monday for a play date in Chicago, we would love to have you! :)