Wednesday, January 5, 2011

So Many Pictures...So Little Space!

I took over 800 pictures over the last 3 weeks! Yes, over 800! I didn't think my camera would hold that many!! :) So, due to lack of time and space, I've just pulled some of the good ones! :)

My favorite Christmas story is about Emma and Bradlee. As you know, Bradlee was a cow for Halloween. Well, we had asked Emma if she wanted to be an angel at the Children's Mass on Christmas Eve. Of course, she did! Bradlee kept saying, "Emma be an angel. I be a cow!" So the weekend before Christmas, Emma and I went to mass on Sunday night. After mass, she asked to talk to Fr. Tom. We went to see Fr. Tom and she said, "Fr. Tom, my baby brother wants to be a cow for church when I'm an angel because he was a cow for Halloween." Fr. Tom looked at her, paused, and said, "I like cows!" :) SO, for the first time EVER, we had a cow at the manger scene at the children's mass!! Fr. Tom just loved him, waved to him and even said, "Hi Cow!" when he was walking back down the aisle after mass! Then, my mom's friend, who went to the 10am mass Christmas morning, said Fr. Tom was even commenting on the cow during his homily! What a great experience for Bradlee! Plus, he was an AWESOME cow and so well-behaved! :) He was fascinated with Baby Jesus and stayed close to keep him warm! :) Emma was an excellent (and serious) angel, too!

After mass, we went over to Tony's parents' house for dinner (pizza!) and presents. It was a great time! Both kids were really into it this year (since Bradlee is older, now!) and we had so much fun watching them open presents, their expressions, and especially just spending time with everyone. Bradlee LOVED all the wrapping paper!

That night, we went home, got cookies and milk out for Santa, read "The Night Before Christmas" and went to bed! :)

Lucky for Tony and me, the kids slept until 10:30 Christmas morning!!! HOORAY!! :) We all got up, Tony went downstairs to "make sure Santa didn't fall asleep at our house", and we started Christmas!!

All Bradlee asked for was M&M's and suckers! He got 'em!!!!!

Emma and I went to see "Spookly the Square Pumpkin" when she was about 2 and a half at the theater...and Santa found it on DVD and left it for her for Christmas!

Once the gifts were opened, breakfast eaten, and we were showered and dressed, we headed over to my parents' house and celebrated Christmas some more! Emma had gotten an American Girl doll named Kit from Karyn for her birthday, so Karyn, Kathi and Emma all had their dolls there to celebrate, too! :)

We, of course, had a fabulous dinner and my grandparents and Tony's parents, and Paul all came to join us as well!

It's become a tradition the past several years for Emma to stay the night at my mom and dad's on Christmas night. This year was no exception, but with an additional sleeping buddy: Bradlee had his first sleepover with Aunt Kat, Uncle Garrett and Aunt Karyn!! :) They had a GREAT time, watching movies, playing with their new toys, making pancakes for breakfast!

New Year's Eve we spent at Tony's parents' house, playing the Wii, talking, and I even went through my coupon box and threw away all the expired (or expiring that night) ones! :) It was fun, and the kids even made it until midnight! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

The kids were SO excited to get back to school, and I was glad to get them back, too! Unfortunately, out house still looks like Toys R Us with all the Christmas gifts!! Once we get the tree and decorations down, though, it will be better....then I'll get to organize and put things where they WILL go! :) Happy New Year!

No comments: