Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Work and Play!

This summer, as I'm sure you've been able to tell, has been pretty busy...and it's not over yet! Although we've done our fair share of work, we've made sure to save some play time, too! That includes Tony and me, too!!

Last week, Bradlee was in rare form...just being goofy! :) Here he is in swim trunks that are 12 MONTH in size!! Yes, they fit, too!! He loved putting the hat on and running around the house...but once outside, he took it off...someday he'll learn!


One thing (of many) I am proud to say about my children is that if given the choice between cookies and a bowl of fresh fruit, they would (and do!) choose the fruit! We were at Tony's parents' last week (same day as the goofy picture above) and Tony's Dad, hereby known as Beepee, was making a bowl of fruit salad...I don't even know if there was any left once the kids were done "testing" it!!

This past Saturday, Emma and I helped my sister, Kat, and her fiancee, Garrett, move from their apartment to another apartment. Emma had a great day, spending time with Uncle Garrett and Aunt Kat! She even got to help paint the wall in their new place!! Bradlee got to have some "Bradlee-Daddy" time at home!

For Christmas last year (2009), Tony received a Detroit Tigers gift card from my mom and dad. We were finally able to use it this weekend, also! On Sunday, Tony and I left the kids in the very capable hands of my mother and went to the game against the LA Angels. The kids had a GREAT time with "Gramma" (Emma)/"Deeta" (Bradlee) and were able to play on their swing set in the backyard most of the day. Boppa (my dad) even brought them Slurpee's!! THANKFULLY, the Tigers won (9-4)...which means the "curse of the score book" is over! A few years back, I discovered that the best way for me to remain interested in a baseball game was to keep score. Instead of buying a program or a scorecard, Tony and I bought score books from a sports store! We take it to every game we go to. Tony taught (and continues to teach) me how to keep score, which forces me to watch the game! It works! :) Well, we were noticing that every game we had been to that we kept score in our score books, the Tigers lost! Not one winning game since 2007 when we started! (Yes, it's fine...you can blame it on us!) :) So, after this win on Sunday, we are so thrilled that we FINALLY have a win in our score books! Here's Tony at the game with his "lucky pink pencil"....I get to use the blue one! :)

No comments: