Saturday, August 21, 2010

Friday and Saturday!

Tired of reading, yet? :)

We had no plans for Friday, so we just did some basic running around...we went down to the kids' schools to drop off some paperwork and the kids just loved seeing their classrooms, and schools! They are so excited to head back to school! (Kids after my own heart!)!!!

One thing I forgot to mention about the Zoo was the souvenirs! :) Fortunately, we got off pretty easy this year, as both kids picked out stuffed animals! Bradlee got a giant monkey (that was on sale!) he named "Mickey", but calls "eee-eee" (as in, the sound a monkey makes!) and Emma picked out an alligator with a leash she (not so originally) named "Ali"...

Today, Saturday, Tony had to DJ, so Lynne and I took the kids down to Great Lakes Crossings for some shopping! In the car on the way, Bradlee was "tying himself in knots" in his car seat, something I do to him when we're rough-housing! :) Emma was coloring and updating her adventure journal!
While at the mall, we went into several stores...one of them being Campus Den. Emma quickly found some CMU attire, and had to try on the CMU hat with fuzzy maroon and gold hair! She LOVED it, and (don't tell her) will probably be getting it for Christmas! :) Bradlee also likes trying on hats, so he had to try a CMU one on, also! :) The GVSU shirt Emma has with her is compliments of Lynne, who is a Grand Valley graduate! :)
We stopped at Children's Place and I found an outfit for each of the kids for school...SO CUTE! :) I let Emma pick hers out, and she helped me pick out Bradlee's, too! I ended up saving a ton of money with sales and a coupon I had...I just LOVE that store! :) We ended our trip with a nice dinner at Rainforest Cafe!

No comments: