Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Days 3, 4 and 5!

It's been a wonderful vacation so far! Here are the pictures to prove it!

On Monday, I took a day for myself and went up to Mt. Pleasant to have lunch with Joyce, a woman I used to work with at St. Mary's. It was SO great to see her and we had a wonderful time catching up, complaining, venting, talking, laughing, and even crying!! We figured it had been about a year and a half since we'd seen each other, so our lunch was long past due! While up there, I raided the SBX (off-campus bookstore) and got all of us some new t-shirts and a few other CMU items! I also walked around a bit on campus, since the weather was AWESOME! There are so many changes, on and off campus, I could hardly keep up! Here's a picture of Warriner Mall...

When I worked at St. Mary's, one of the "perks" of my job was towing cars of students who had parked in the church parking spaces. Although these spots are directly across from one of the classroom buildings, apparently "You will be towed" means nothing...so everyday I would go into work, I would write down license plate numbers and promptly call the towing company to have them come out. Sometimes they would make it in time (that is, before the owner of the car came out and drove away), which always delighted us in the office when they would come in to ask where their car went. We eventually just taped a piece of paper on the door to the church with Green's Towing's phone number! :) We were, of course, accused of towing non-Catholics, which was untrue (duh...how would we know which cars belonged to Catholics???) LOL One of these days, I'll find an article the priest, Jeff Donner, wrote in the campus newspaper about how we (St. Mary's) were an "equal opportunity tower"!! :) Here's something at that church I was happy to see hadn't changed...
I also went a drive by my first apartment while I was up there....the complex looked about the same, with some obvious painting updates...but across the street there used to be farm and grassland...now there's a Menard's, Kohl's, Sam's Club, and brand new Walmart! CRAZY! Here's my first apartment! My bedroom window is on the second floor, behind the tree on the right side of the door!! We had some good times in that apartment! :)
Tuesday was a stay-at-home kind of day...and a beautiful one at that! The kids played outside and I cleaned up the house for a Stampin' Up party Emma and I were hosting that night! Here's some shots of the kids enjoying their new playground in the backyard!
That night, as I said, Emma and I hosted a Stampin' Up party. Something Emma has enjoyed lately is joining me in my projects and going to stamping workshops with me, so I asked my demonstrator, Marie, if she could put together a kid project for Emma and some of her friends to do...no problem! :) The kids (4 of them) did their project and the adults (10 of us!) did 2! We all had a great time! Here's the kids waiting for their pictures to print out for their project, and then enjoying a snack once they had finished!
Wednesday (today), Emma and I declared "Mommy-Emma Day!"!!! We went and had a manicure and pedicure! Emma was SO funny to watch!! She loved putting her toes in the water with the "bubbles" and having the lotion on her hands and feet, and picking out her nail polish colors!! She had a great time, and I loved just being there to watch her! :)
After our day at the "spa", we went over to the mall for our next big adventure! :) Emma decided she was ready to get her ears pierced! She kept asking about it, whether it hurt and such, and I didn't lie! :) She said she was ready, though, so we headed to the mall! We were going to eat lunch first, but I wanted to get it done while she was still sold on the idea, so we went straight to the "Icing" store...they had another girl coming back from lunch about 10 minutes later, so we started by signing the papers, picking out the earrings, getting the "dots" on the ears and going through the "daily cleaning procedures". Once the girl came back, she punched in, put on some gloves and grabbed the piercing gun. Her and the other girl came over to Emma (who was sitting on my lap), they each grabbed an ear lobe, counted to three, and BANG, they were pierced! Emma never shed a tear...all I heard was an "Ouch!" and then "That wasn't so bad!!!" What a GREAT big girl! I treated her to lunch after that...

We have a BIG surprise in store for tomorrow...stay tuned! :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

Sounds like a wonderful week so far. Just enough alone time, mixed in with kid time. Enjoy the last few days!