Friday, July 16, 2010

Summer Fun!

This summer has proven to have lots going on! My favorite part has been the on-the-fly things that we do with the kids or that they surprise us with!

Last Saturday when Tony was DJ-ing, Lynne and I took the kids to the park after dinner. We were the only ones there, as it's behind a church right in our neighborhood. It's a quaint little park and has just enough to keep the kids occupied, it's fenced in, and it's really maintained well by the community college next door, as well as the church. They have a set of bars to hang/swing on that Emma and I practice her gymnastics on. Bradlee decided he wanted to do it too, so he just grabbed the bar, and hung on! His feet are off the ground in this picture! We've decided that we're going to sign him up for gymnastics in the fall!

This past week was quite busy for me...I have been playing in a concert band in Saginaw a few times this summer, and this week I was asked to sub again on short notice. It's about a 40 mile drive to rehearsals, twice a week, then the concert's on Sunday. Well worth it, though, as after the last concert I played in, Emma told me, "Mama, when you play your clarinet, it's STUPENDOUS!"...plus I get paid to be in this group, too!
Late last week, we made chicken kabobs on the grill...Here's Bradlee "helping" Daddy get them ready! He was fascinated with the different colored peppers and loved trying them all!
On Monday, after dinner, the kids were in rare form...just being plain goofy! I went to use the restroom and when I came out, this is what I found in the kitchen:

Yes, they were chanting as well! LOL I called it their "after dinner meditation"! LOL

Then, this one came around the corner...I think she's trying to be like her Aunt Julie! She even had a pager attached to the bottom of her shirt!

On Wednesday, Karyn and I travelled to Kitchener, Ontario (Canada - about a 4 hour drive) for a baby shower for my friend Lauren. She's due in mid-August and she had no idea we were coming! Of course, I didn't take any pictures! Dang! But, that was just another thing added to the week. It was so awesome to go see her and know that I support her and am so excited for her and Scott!! I just can't wait to meet baby boy!
This afternoon, I went to pick the kids up from Tony's parents' house and ended up staying for dinner and such. Emma was having some fun in the pool with her clothes on when I got there, so when it was time for dinner, I changed her clothes to this...well, it USED to fit! LOL She thought she was so funny that she wore it the rest of the night! :)

No comments: