Sunday, July 18, 2010

Safety Town!

This past week, Emma was able to experience "Safety Town" at a local (Fenton) school. Safety Town is a week-long, 3 hour a day "camp" for 5 year olds (who are going to be starting kindergarten) where they can learn about all kinds of safety. This is presented by the Fenton Area chapter of Zonta, a group of business women in the area! This was the 16th year they've done Safety Town in Fenton and my boss, being a member of the Zonta Club, let me know about it and encouraged me to send Emma!

I dropped Emma off each morning and Tony picked her up 3 hours later. She learned SO many new things about safety, including songs! Tings like water safety, stranger safety, playground safety, fire safety, and even things like which side of the road she should ride a bike on and such. I don't think she's even comprehended all that she's learned, but every once in a while, she'll say something like, "Oh, I remember something ELSE from Safety Town!" LOL

On Friday, they had a "graduation ceremony", which I was able to leave work to attend. When I arrived at the school, Emma was getting ready to "tour" a police car! I told her it was the *ONLY* time she was to be in the back seat of a police car! LOL

The instructors were kids who have attended Safety Town in the past and in 6th grade and up! Emma's teachers were Makenzie and Makena. They were awesome! They kept their eye on the 4 kids in their group and Emma just loved them, too! Here are some pictures of Emma with her instructors, the police officer who was with them all week, and the graduate! :)


Emma had a great week and even received a new bike helmet when she was done! I'm sure that will be put to good use! :)

No comments: