Saturday, July 31, 2010

Happy Boy and a Tea Party...

The other day, we were having dinner at Tony's parents house and Bradlee was in rare form, I had to get some pictures! They have had this little toy saxophone since Emma was born. It's really tiny and has Cookie Monster on it. When you push the buttons, it plays little songs and Cookie Monster also says, "A-Cha-Cha"!! It's kind cute...and it can be turned off, which is probably why it's lasted so long! LOL Emma loved this toy because, in my opinion, she could pretend she was really playing it and we would clap and cheer for her! So, naturally, we do the same for Bradlee!



As I was saying, the other day, we were at my in-laws, and Bradlee pulled the said saxophone out of the toy box and started "performing"... I usually take a lot of the pictures I post on here with my cell phone because it's always with me and it takes pretty good pictures... unfortunately, the only problem is that from the time I push the button to the time it actually takes the picture is about 4 seconds...which, as I'm sure you can imagine, is a long time for a 2-year old to hold a pose, let alone a 5-year old! So when I was able to capture these pictures, I was ecstatic! The top one is just priceless, and the bottom one here is how I was teaching Bradlee to play the toy: both hands on the "instrument" and with his eyes closed! Whenever he's pretending to close his eyes, he always is peeking out of them! Makes it even more cute! :)




This morning, when Emma woke up, she was playing in her room and found her tea set that Aunt Karyn got for her for her 3rd birthday. We keep it under her bed so it won't get ruined. When Aunt Karyn gave it to her, it was in a very nice Rubbermaid container and had an envelope taped to the inside with little "invitations" for Emma to give Aunt Karyn whenever she wanted to have a tea party! This morning, Emma decided she needed to call Aunt Karyn and invite her to a tea party...and Bradlee was invited too, of course! When Emma tried calling Aunt Karyn, she was at work...so she left a message: "Hi Aunt Karyn. Please call me when you are done with work. I want to invite you to a tea party and I have your invitation. Bye! *pause* Oh, this is Emma." LOL



So Aunt Karyn came over right after work and she, Bradlee and Emma all had a grand tea party in Emma's room. The top picture here is them saying "cheers!"! The "clink" tea cups before every "sip". This time, since they were in Emma's room, and Bradlee was there, we decided to just pretend that there was something in the tea cups! Then I hear Aunt Karyn ask Bradlee if he wants a little plate. Emma corrects Aunt Karyn and says, "Aunt Karyn, that's not a plate. It's a SAUCER." Wow. :) This bottom picture is so cute 'cause Aunt Karyn is trying to teach Bradlee that he has to put his pinkie finger up when he's drinking his tea, and he's TOTALLY not buying it! :) LOL

No comments: