Friday, July 30, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday, Bradlee!

It's absolutely unbelievable to me that my little boy has turned 2! Bradlee's birthday was on Thursday, July 29th and we had a great party for him last Sunday! We served ice cream and cake and a few snacks, and a lot of our friends and family were able to come celebrate with us! My parents, Tony's parents, Lynne, Paul, my grandparents (Snookie and Papa), Kathi and Garrett, Matt, Desiree, Dorian and Griffin, Susan, Bill, Evelyn and Isla, and of course the 4 of us! We had a full house, but thankfully, it was a GORGEOUS day, so we were able to use the backyard! I wish I had had the time to take a picture, it was awesome! We had the little pool blown and filled up, the bounce house, the slide, little table and chairs, plus the big table and chairs and tour swing on the deck! It was wonderful to have people over to utilize all our outdoor toys!!

The party concluded with a gigantic water balloon fight and swim in the pool! A great time was had by all!! Here are a few pictures:

Emma got Bradlee a "Woody" coloring book!

Evelyn, Emma, Bradlee, Dorian and Griffin - enjoying cake!

Bradlee woke up wanting cake!!

Waiting patiently to blow out his candle...so he can have CAKE!

Aunt Kat and Uncle Garrett came with a battle plan for the water fight! Looks like they're winning and Emma's not!

Emma and Isla helping Bradlee open presents!
One of my family traditions for birthdays is to be awakened in the morning with singing and a candle in a donut! Tony and I have continued this tradition with Emma and Bradlee! So, before I left for work on Thursday morning, I got a donut and candle, woke Emma and Tony up, and we sang to Bradlee for his birthday! I would have said we "woke Bradlee up by singing to him", but he was already awake and singing to himself! He enjoyed his donut, although I think he enjoyed blowing out the candle more! Emma also had a donut to enjoy, so it was a good morning!
Here's Bradlee in his crib and enjoying his birthday donut!!

For Bradlee's birthday dinner, my mom and dad and Karyn came over and we had pizza and salad (at Bradlee's request!) and finished up the cake and enjoyed some ice cream for dessert. It was such a wonderful night that we ate outside and the kids played for a while before heading inside for a "birthday bath", movie and bed! I can't believe my baby is 2 years old! He's so different, yet so similar to Emma. He's rough and tough and is a complete daredevil. He jumps off of steps...usually into my arms, but sometimes not...he tries to do EVERYTHING Emma does, including somersaults and handstands, and he LOVES LOVES LOVES to run! On the other hand, he's so gentle and loves his stuffed animals and blankets. You ask him for a kiss and he comes running (usually!) with his lips puckered. He says hi to everyone he sees while walking around the store and he cuddles like you wouldn't believe. He's one special and incredible little boy. Being a mother to both him and Emma is so wonderful!!!

No comments: