Monday, February 1, 2010

Where did January go?

I cannot believe January is over already....amazing.

Again, I don't have any pictures...although, I may have some that I've forgotten about, so if I find them I'll be sure to get them on here....

January ended with a bang. On the 14th, I got a call at about 8am from Tony's assistant principle. He told me that Tony slipped on the black ice in the parking lot, is going in and out of consciousness and they called an ambulance to come and evaluate him and probably take him to the hospital. He called me back a few minutes later and said they were taking him to Hurley....so I called into work and met him a the hospital. He, thankfully, didn't break any bones or do any real major damage, but he did have a pretty good concussion and bruised the HELL out of the left side of his body, especially his hip. He was able to walk out of the ER, so that was good. Friday I made him get out and go "mini-grocery" shopping with me. He was moving pretty good! Sore, but still doing really well....only taking OTC ibuprofen...so we are so thankful that this was only a minor injury...to make it better, though, I told him that we'll get a whole bunch of money from our supplemental accident insurance (sort of like Aflac), so he volunteered to slip on the ice every month or so....YEAH RIGHT! :)

Bradlee has had 3 molars poke through in the last 3 weeks! He was out of school all last week because he had the runny nose, cough, and was just plain miserable! He let me put my finger in the back of his mouth to check, and the top two and bottom right are all through...the bottom left is swollen, but not through yet. Poor baby! I'm so glad I don't remember how painful that was!!! We didn't have any ora-gel at first, so I used some whiskey we had....just dipped my finger in, rubbed it on his gums, and he was a happy camper....didn't mind the taste or anything and it calmed him down so he could sleep. He chews on his fingers quite a bit, still...

Emma's doing well. She's all excited to be going to a baby shower with me this weekend. The invitation came addressed to both of us, so she felt so special! She also has a birthday party to attend next weekend and of course, there's school and gymnastics still! She's become quite the helper at home, helping to set the table for dinner and making sure everyone has a napkin. She's also the one who "reminds" us to pray before we eat, saying, "IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER....." to get our attention. It works, even for Bradlee! He will put his food or cup down and really concentrate on folding his hands, to end with us in a big "AAAAAAAAAMMMMMAAAAN" (amen)! :)

I promise I'll look or take some new pictures! :) Maybe Bradlee will show me his new teeth?! :)

No comments: