Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Superman, Spaghetti & a Shower!

Although I haven't posted any pictures lately, after emptying the memory card on the camera, I guess I have taken some great pictures!

Sometime in the last few months of gift-giving, Bradlee received a pair of Superman PJ's...cape included! I put them on him and he just LOVED them! Then he found one of Emma's headbands and wanted to wear it....so it only made the outfit complete!

One of Bradlee's favorite foods is spaghetti. He would probably eat it every day if he could! A good thing about spaghetti is that he can feed himself...of course, we already plan ahead that it will be a bath night! He really loves feeding himself everything, and usually pitches a fit if we don't give him the spoon right away. He's gotten really good at it and most of the food lands in his mouth!
While we were getting ready to go somewhere, we pulled out the camera and took some pictures...I love this one of Bradlee and me, 'cause he's looking at me like, "What are YOU doing?"!!! I also really love the one with Emma because it really shows what a goof-ball she is. She's so sweet and not only loves to act silly, but especially loves it when you act silly with her!

I mentioned in my last post that Emma and I were invited to a baby shower this past weekend. My best friend of 25+ years, Julie, is due in March! The shower was VERY nice and both Emma and I had a great time. Emma was only "little one" there, so Aunt Julie asked if Emma would hand her the presents to open. Emma took the job with gusto! She handed her gift first and made sure Aunt Julie looked at everything.
For being pretty shy when we first got there, she opened up pretty quickly and was entertaining everyone with her comments! When Aunt Julie opened the cool mist humidifier, Emma comments, "My baby brother has that elephant humidifier! I have one too, but it's not an elephant, it's a dragon...a RED dragon!"
She was familiar with so many things Julie received, it kept her really interested in the whole shower! Emma even won the first game of "Baby Shower Bingo" and got to take home a little tea cup of flowers! Talk about one proud little girl! She's already asked to come with me to visit Aunt Julie when she has her baby. What a big girl. She really is amazing...
Here she is with Aunt Julie, holding her gift for the new baby girl!!
Looking back, I think that was one of the nicest baby showers I've ever been to...and lunch was delicious, too!! The only problem was the MAJOR sugar buzz Emma was on when we left....after Dove chocolates, M&M's, mini cheesecakes, lemonade and cake, Emma was flyin' high!! While I said goodbye to Julie and her mom, I just let Emma skip around the table...at least she didn't even fall asleep on her way home from a diabetic coma! Can't wait to meet the new baby girl!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I had such a fun time at the shower! It was wonderful to see you both, and Emma was SUCH a great helper! I think I might hire her to be my personal assistant at home once little missy makes her arrival! ~Love, Julie