Friday, January 9, 2009

Picture Overload...

It's been a while...holidays are crazy times, especially when you're not the one on a 2-week break!

We've had a great few weeks, despite some sickness (Emma, Bradlee and Tony getting colds, and then Tony getting strep throat, then Bradlee getting a tummy bug...). Christmas was great. We started our festivities at Uncle Paul's house with Tony's family. We had dinner and exchanged gifts:

Getting ready for our Christmas Eve festivities!
Emma on her new Smart Cycle and Bradlee in his new Christmas PJ's!
(Notice how his and hers match?!) :)


On Christmas Day we went to my parents' house for gifts and dinner with my grandparents', Tony's parents, my parent's, Uncle Paul, my sisters, Tony's sister, Garrett (my sister's boyfriend), and us (plus the zoo that was already there...3 cats and 2 dogs!). I don't have any pictures at this time, but I'm hoping my dad got some good ones and will give me copies...I'll post them when I get them. In the mean time, here's one of our Christmas tree after Santa visited!!


The day after Christmas, I had to work. Then I came home and we all got ready for the Motor City Bowl at Ford Field. My parents, sisters, Garrett, Tony's parent's, friends of my parents', Tony and I all went...and we took Emma, too! It was her first official sporting event! Too bad CMU lost (to Florida Atlantic)...it was quite the boring game and Emma was getting rather antsy, so we left in the middle of the 4th quarter. She had a great time learning the CMU cheers (like, "Go, Fire Up Chips! CHIPPEWA!!!") LOL We really did have a great time!! My favorite part was on the way home. I was in the back seat with Emma and she was "talking" to Pinky (her bear). Then she looks at me and says, "Mama, when Pinky and I get bigger, we want to be Chippewas!" :)


Mommy and her little Chippewas!


For New Year's, Tony, Bradlee, Emma and I all went to Tony's parents house with some friends, Matt & Desiree, and their two sons, Dorian and Griffin. The older kids (Dorian is about 9 months younger than Emma, Griffin is about 3 months older than Bradlee) stayed up until midnight and loved the hats Aunt Lynne bought them! Matt & Desiree brought over their XBOX 360 and we played Rock Band...Emma even got in the game! What a great way to kick of the new year!!


Emma playing Rock Band and Tony celebrating 2009!


Emma, Bradlee and Tony's Dad enjoying their party hats!


On January 2nd, our godson, Braeden, turned 5, so we went to his house for a small birthday party. We haven't seen Maggie and Kevin (his parents) or Logan (his brother) in quite a while, so it was nice to catch up and see everyone again. We just couldn't believe how big our kids have gotten! It seems like yesterday they were just born!!


Braeden, Emma and Logan


The final picture I have is of my big boy, Bradlee! :) He's already learning how to hold his bottle by himself!!

Well, that's our holiday season in a nut shell!!Crazy as it was, it was a fun few weeks. The Christmas decorations come down tomorrow and Sunday...then we have to find a place for all the toys Santa (and the grandparents) left!!!

No comments: