Saturday, September 13, 2008

Football Season!

It was a fairly uneventful week...Emma was home with a cold at the
beginning of the week, so I had a few more days of just her and Bradlee to myself. Just when I think she can't talk anymore, man, does she surprise me! What a chatterbox, even with a nose running like a faucet!! Bradlee turned 6 weeks old on Tuesday, which means I headed (with both kids in tow) to the doctor's for my 6-week postpartum checkup. Emma was a riot...I told her ahead of time what was going to happen, that Dr. Scott was going to check me to make sure I was okay after having Bradlee. She said, "Mama, don't get hurt." I told her Dr. Scott was not going to hurt me! So Dr. Scott came in and I got hugs for having
two beautiful children (and she gave herself kudos for delivering them!). She asked Emma what her sister's name was, and Emma looked at her and with the straightest face said, "It's a BOY." LOL Dr. Scott grinned and said, "Are you sure??" and Emma said, "Yes. It's a BOY and his name is BRADLEE." LOL What a riot. Then Emma told the doctor that she goes "tinkle and poopie on the potty" and Dr. Scott asked if she had to go right then and Emma said, "No, I went poopie at home." AH...give me a heart attack for a minute there! I thought I was going to have to run her to the bathroom sans pants or totally disrupt the rest of Dr. Scott's
schedule by getting dressed and taking her! So Dr. Scott's checking me and Emma has this distressed look on her face and I said, "Emma, it's okay." And she looks at me and says, "Mommy, just take a deep breath." Dr. Scott looks at me and says, "Oh no she didn't?!" LOL What a kid!!! My visit went fine and I was cleared to go back to work (YIPPEE!).

Believe it or not, I'm really ready to go back to work. I totally
admire stay-at-home mom's...but it is TOTALLY not for me!!! I'm
going stir-crazy and just want that daily, non-family adult interaction. The paycheck's a bonus, as well!!
Preschool is going well...I get to send my first snack with Emma this week! LOL Tuesday is going to be Teddy Graham Trail Mix and juice boxes and Thursday is going to be string cheese and juice boxes! There's a license requirement with the school that says they can only serve 100% juice. I was happy to hear that, 'cause that's all we give Emma...anyways, she's also been learning the Pledge of Allegiance...it's so funny to hear her say it...I was getting her ready for bed last week and she's bare-butt naked, kneeling at the side of her bed with rosary beads around her neck saying something about "under God, and the United States of America. And God bless Boppa [my dad] and our garden. Invisible and justice for all. Amen." LOL I wish I had a video camera!!
Today we were all dressed in CMU clothes, so I attached some pictures. I even had some fun with Emma and did our hair the same way and even put some eyeshadow on her! She loved it! Talk about a "mini-me"...LOL!!!
I think that's all for this week. If anyone out there needs some girl clothing (with sizes ranging from birth to 3T...for a girl born in December), let me know...I have a TON and you can come shopping!!! Have a great rest-of-the weekend (stay dry!)!!!


1 comment:

Kate said...

Fire Up Chips!! What a win, huh? Both kids look soooo cute in their CMU gear. Way to teach them early!