Thursday, September 4, 2008

Continuation....

Okay....both kids are in bed, so I'll finish my last blog now!

Other than the first day of school, it's been a quiet week. Emma started her next session of gymnastics on Wednesday and Bradlee and I have just been hanging out. I also started rehearsals again for the Flint Symphonic Wind Ensemble on Tuesday. I really enjoy this, even though I'm not always thrilled with some things that happen in the ensemble, I enjoy playing each week, and this year I found someone to join me in the wind ensemble who's my age, so that's making me much more excited to participate and go each week (THANKS, ERIKA!!!)!!

We took Bradlee to the doctor last Friday for his 1 month check up. He is doing great...weighing in at a whopping 10 pounds, 3 ounces! Emma didn't weigh 10 pounds until she was 2 months old!! I think we may have a football player on our hands! LOL

I introduced both Tony and Emma to eggplant Parmesan this week! Emma and her Boppa (my dad) have a vegetable garden at their house. They've got eggplant, cucumbers, cabbage, green and wax beans, tomatoes (3 different kinds!), and a few other veggies growing fairly well. My dad planted 2 eggplant plants and has a TON of the darned things growing! We got 2 of them to eat, they were each over 1 pound! So I made eggplant Parmesan for dinner last night and it turned out so well! Tony's on Weight Watchers, so I used a recipe I found on the Hungry Girl website. If you've never heard of Hungry Girl, I encourage you to try it out...they have a cookbook my grandma introduced to my mom (who introduced it to me!) and great website PACKED of healthy recipes and tips...so this recipe for eggplant Parmesan used Fiber One cereal instead of bread crumbs, egg whites and other low or non-fat items....It was delicious!! Emma DEVOURED hers for dinner, then wanted to take the leftovers for lunch today! She brought home an empty container! YIPPEE!! I was making dinner tonight and asked her if she likes brussel sprouts (I LOVE them!)...she said no at first, and then she immediately said, "What are they?" I showed her and she asked if I like them. I told her I loved them and she said that she liked the too...so the whole time I was making them, she kept coming in the kitchen and saying, "Are my brussel sprouts done yet?" Unfortunately, the sprouts were a bit freezer burn, so they were really bad, but I told Emma we would get some good ones to eat for dinner next week! I'm sure I'll her about it until we have them!

All for now...going to bed. Have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments: