Monday, September 29, 2008

12-pound tub-a-lub!

Yep, you read that right...Bradlee is 12 pounds even at his 2-month mark (which is today!)!! And he's 22.5 inches long, so he's growing really well! The bad part was the 4 shots he got today...two in each leg, the poor guy...cried so hard, so I just sat in the exam room at the doctor's office and rocked and cuddled him for about 15 minutes after his traumatic experience...the part I'm scared, no....TERRIFIED about is that in December, I have to take both Emma and Bradlee for their appointments (not at the same time, thank goodness) and Emma alone has to have 4 shots! I didn't even ask how many Bradlee has to have...but I can at least hold him down enough that he's not a problem for the nurses...Emma, on the other hand, I'm bring along reinforcements, i.e., GRANDMA!!!! :)


My parents got a new puppy on Friday. She's a pure-bred Golden Retriever they named "Maggie Beijing"...her litter was born on 08-08-08, which, you may remember, was the kick off date of the Olympics in Beijing! My sister, Karyn, is obsessed with the Olympics, so they only thought it appropriate that they incorporate that in the puppy's name. We spent a good majority of the weekend over at their house...Emma LOVED playing with her and "chasing" Maggie around. Bradlee, on the other hand, was not as amused, as Maggie kept trying to share his bouncy chair with him...she had 2 and and half paws up on it before we caught her!


Saturday night, Tony was DJ-ing and the other three of us were at my parents' house. I had put Emma in her pajamas before we left to come home (even though it's a 2 minute drive!)...we got home and I was going to find a "special movie" for her to watch before bed. I went in the basement to look for it, came back up probably 8 minutes later, and there she is, passed out on the kitchen floor, head on the boppy (nursing pillow) and Pinky under her arm. I had the hardest time picking her up to carry her upstairs...she was dead weight! Good thing I didn't find the "special movie" I was looking for! LOL


This week is pretty busy for us...we've got gymnastics, haircuts (for Tony), swimming classes starting on Saturday, eye exams (for Emma), doctor's appointments (for Bradlee), eyebrow waxing (for me), football games (for Tony), marching band competition to announce for (Tony), stamping event to go to (me) and still have to get things ready for Bradlee's baptism on Sunday! We should be fine, though...he's actually being baptised along with a friend of our's son, Griffin, who is 4 months old. They're both going to be immersed, so we're hoping Uncle Paul (or Fr. Paul, which ever you prefer) will get pee-ed on twice! :) LOL We're having a gathering afterwards with our families and friends, so they are all helping us get things ready this week as well...it should be a nice time!!

I think that's all the news for this week....preschool is still going well, and Bradlee did great at his first week at the nursery. Aside from making a HUGE hole in our checkbook, putting our two kids in school this early has been one of the best things we've ever done...although I'm dreading the day Bradlee starts talking as much as Emma does! LOL


Hope you all have a great week! Feel free to leave a comment about my ramblings!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Oh my gosh, your parents' puppy is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!! I love golden retrievers!!! And that pic of the dog on top of Bradlee's chair cracked me up!!