Saturday, September 20, 2008

Drained....

What a week! Emma went to school two days and was home the rest of the week with a virus, I started back at work, Tony's still DJ-ing and doing middle school/Freshman/JV/Varsity football...and then there's the other just normal day-to-day activities, like eating dinner!

I spent the last two days of my maternity leave with Bradlee and loved it. He's so cuddly and cute and really such a good baby. Emma came down with a fever on Tuesday night and stayed home the rest of the week with Tony's parents, who also watched Bradlee those three days. Stupid viruses...she seems to get a few right in the beginning of the school year. This one started as a cold last week that just wouldn't go away...I'm hoping that getting back to school (and in bed EARLY) will get her body used to the whole school routine. I just can't believe how much energy she has...I wonder if I acted like this when I was 3! :)

Going back to work was wonderful! I had cheers and smiles and hugs when I went back...and the girls I work with even brought their (our) favorite snacks...candy, bagels and a cheese ball! LOL They seemed genuily happy and grateful to have me back, which made me feel really good and even happier to be back with some "adult entertainment" (as my boss called it...really, they are SO entertaining!) :) LOL

Today I had a concert at Wolcott Orchards, just north of Flint. I was right in the sun, so I have some GREAT tan lines from my sun glasses. We have another concert next Sunday at the same place, so if it's nice again, I'm remembering to wear a sleeveless shirt!! The concert went fairly well...I wish some things were different, but it's mostly because of the type of rehearsals and groups I've performed with in my long "musical history" LOL....ah well...I'm just happy to be playing again!

I don't have any pictures to post this week...I'll try to get some this weekend and week so y'all can see how much my baby boy has grown! Have a great week!

No comments: