Monday, February 14, 2011

A Busy Saturday!

The only thing scarier than realizing I made it through Saturday, is looking at my calendar for the week ahead of me!

Saturday was absolutely crazy...and ended up going so well! I took Bradlee to his gymnastics class make-up from the snow day...then I took him to get gas in the car, pick up some flowers, and through the car wash! In the mean time, Tony took Emma to a birthday party for a friend! I got home with Bradlee, made him (us) lunch, then took him to get his haircut! He was SO good! He sat in the chair by himself for the first time and "helped" comb his hair with the combs Chrystal (our stylist) gave him to play with! She even made his hair spiky ("pikey!") when we left...he looks SO much older!!! So cute, though! :)

I took Bradlee grocery shopping and got back home just before Tony and Emma did from the birthday party. We had "rest time" (I would have said "nap time", except that would imply that someone actually napped!) and then got Emma ready for a big night!!! It was Tony and Emma's first Daddy/Daughter Dance!!! They had a wonderful time!

Tony and Emma left for the dance, I took Bradlee over to my parents' house for dinner at Fuddruckers! I left Bradlee with my parents, then went down to Holly to pick Emma up. Tony was then going to the high school to DJ the Snowcoming Dance! We went back to my parents' house and then just had a great time the rest of the night!! Kat and Garrett were there, also, so we had a nice time talking and just hanging out!
A great story of the night: Bradlee and Emma were in the living room playing, the rest of us were in the kitchen talking. All of a sudden, a car alarm starts going off in the driveway! Garrett looked out the window, and it was my mom's van. He put his shoes on to go outside and investigate. My mom turned the alarm off with her key fab. I asked her where the other key was (thinking the kids found it and were playing!) and she said it was hanging up right next to where her keys were. I went into the living room, and there on the table with some blocks was a key fab from the van! Last Christmas (2009), my dad gave my mom a remote starter for the van...they got 2 new key fabs (which they use now), and they still had the old ones in their living room! I picked it up and asked Emma if she had been playing with it and she said no. I then went to Bradlee and said, "Bradlee, were you playing with this?" He looked at me with those beautiful blue eyes and oh so innocently said, "Yep!" :) I asked him if he was pushing the buttons and he said, "Yep!" Mystery Solved!!!! We all got a good laugh, and my dad took care of the key fabs they don't use anymore! :) Bradlee got a round of high-fives from everyone for the good "joke" he played on us! :)

No comments: