Monday, February 7, 2011

17 Minutes...

I only have about 17 minutes until House comes on, so I thought I'd share these few photos...

On Friday, if they took in a box of the "Drink on the Go" mixes to send to the troops overseas, the kids at Emma's school were allowed to wear "mixed-up" clothing to school! Emma took full advantage of it and helped pick out this outfit...she did have a pink hoodie sweatshirt on over the dress, too, but got too warm during the day and it came off. My favorite part is the purple & yellow knee socks...and you can't see them, but she has two different earrings in and her hair has half in a pig tail and half out! What a mixed-up kid! She had a GREAT time participating! :)

On Saturday, Tony and Emma entered a small derby car in the "Girl Scouts' Powder Puff Derby" in Holly. There were a ton of girls there racing their cars they each decorated, designed and named...and let me tell you, it was definitely a girls' race! There were names like "Pink Pony Princess" and "Hello Kitty" and, my personal favorite, "Prettiest Pink Princess". LOL Emma named her car "Bolt" (after the Disney movie...we were watching it at home when we asked her what name it should have!) She even designed it like the dog...white car, red lightening bolts on either side, and googlie-eyes, a nose and whiskers in the front. Well, here are Tony and Emma putting some final touches on the car (and adding a weight)...
Each car raced 4 times in the first round...one time in each of the four lanes. "Bolt" won 2 of those 4 races! She was really excited to see how fast it could go. Her car ended up finishing 5th in her Daisy division (of about 20) and 21st overall (of about 75)! The best part was that the girl who's car won the OVERALL 1st place (in all the divisions!) was a girl from her troop!! They had a great time, and Emma got her first trophy for participating...and of course a patch for Gramma to sew onto her smock! :)
Sunday was the Superbowl...and while the team all 4 of us didn't win (Steelers), we had a great time at my parents' house for their annual Superbowl Party! Here's Emma with part of the food spread! :) She had fun trying all the new foods and Bradlee had fun helping Gramma and Boppa cut up veggies for the veggie tray. Boppa would cut the onions (green), hand them to Bradlee to put in his bucket to rinse off, and instead, he would PULL off the rest of the green part, throw it in the sink and then save the white parts of the onion. When Boppa finally noticed what he was doing Bradlee's response was, "I fixing them." :) PRICELESS. We got pictures of Bradlee helping Gramma and Boppa, but they're on my dad's camera...
(I have 7 minutes!) I was having a crummy day today...I woke up with hives all over. This hasn't happened in quite a long time (use to happen all the time when I was little!), but it was getting worse over the course of the day. I have no idea what caused them, but my doctor gave me a few medications to help them go down, and to help with the CONSTANT ITCHING! :/ However, I can always rely on my kids to brighten my day and make me smile...I used to make these "pillow hats" when I was younger...I first learned how to make them at Interlochen and then I utilized my skills throughout high school! :) The kids LOVED them....I think Bradlee's was a little too heavy for him...he had to rest his against the counter so I could get the picture, but he was laughing so hard, you can't even tell! :) LOL
Have a great week! :) (I still have 4 minutes to spell-check and post!) :)

No comments: