Friday, December 3, 2010

Frankenmuth!

Last Saturday, Emma, Bradlee and I went to Frankenmuth with my parents, sisters and Garrett for our annual trip for chicken and ornament hunting! We had a FABULOUS time!

My mom rode with the kids and me, and on our way, we passed a little Zoo outside of Frankenmuth. There, we saw a man with a reindeer! So, we hopped out and went and got a picture taken with one of Santa's reindeer!! Emma asked the man if it could really fly and he responded, "Only on Christmas Eve!" :)

We ate dinner at the Bavarian Inn and it was delicious, as usual!! Bradlee loved the squash and chicken, and of course the ice cream, and Emma loved the chicken salad and the chicken! We had a great time just talking and laughing, and Boppa had a good time playing with Bradlee! My mom said, "Now I know why Boppa wanted Bradlee to come...he wanted someone to play with!"
After dinner, we went to the "Christmas Store" (Bronner's) and looked around. Bradlee LOVED playing with Aunt Kat, who was in charge of him! :) Here, he's trying to get a ride on her foot...it didn't work too well because Aunt Kat was laughing too hard! :)

Each year, we have a "tacky ornament" contest...this year, Emma even got into it!! When I tried explaining what "tacky" meant, I just said that it was ugly and not very pretty...she immediately said we should try to find a "Go Blue" (U of M) ornament! :) LOL That's my girl!!! The winning ornament was found by my mom...a "lovely" metallic donkey...complete with shoes! :)

Once again, I can always count on Aunt Kat and Uncle Garrett to wear out at LEAST one of my kids whenever we're together! This time, it was both of them...Bradlee just had a place to actually fall asleep!!!

We had a wonderful time together...it's a wonderful tradition we have! This year was the 31st annual trip and I think I've made 30 of them (I missed last year!)!

1 comment:

Kate said...

What a great afternoon spent with your family. That is one place I wish we lived closer too. The noodles are just so delicious!