Saturday, May 29, 2010

100 Posts!?

When I signed on to make this post, I noticed that my official count of posts I have made on my blog is 100 (as of the last one, this one is actually #101)!! Amazing! I hope SOMEONE is reading it! If not, then I guess it's just for me! LOL
It's Saturday of Memorial Day weekend and things are good. Last night (Friday), when I got home from work, after stopping at Walmart, I headed straight out to the garage to do some work. I was going to mow the lawn, but Tony said he would do it, so I let him! LOL I hung some shelves in the garage that used to be in Emma's room before my great friend, Lauren, repainted it for Emma! They are those shelves that have the two metal brackets that you slide the shelving brackets on, then the shelves sit on those. Anyway, I hung those shelves and then took some of our extra LONG screws that we've accrued over the years and made some "utensil holders". Basically, just took two of the same screws and installed them about 4 inches apart so the rakes, brooms, etc. could hang from them. Wow, what a difference! I wish I had some "before" pictures, but that may have broken the camera...instead, I'll make sure I get some "after" pictures....but maybe not until after Thursday. This is because the City of Flint has been on a different trash schedule since the beginning of April...our trash is picked up every other week. Totally sucks. That means that all lawn refuse and trash sits in our garage for two weeks until trash day. The smell doesn't seem to be bad, but all the dang bags is a pain in the butt!! UGH. Someday this will all get better...
So after I hung the shelves and got all the garden tools off the ground, I started moving some things around to try to make the best out of the space in there. What a difference! I can't wait to see it when the trash and lawn refuse is gone!! This was all done before Tony and the kids got home! When they got home, I played outside with the kids while Tony changed. Then I "bribed" them to go inside so Tony could mow the lawn but offering a snack...the three of us enjoyed some Kool-Ade and an apple (or "bapple", as Bradlee would say!)!! Tony mowed the front lawn, then I had to go, so the backyard had to wait.
I left and went to my friend, Mary's, house. I work with Mary at the bank. Her oldest daughter is graduating from high school in a week or so...which means Mary is getting her house ready for an Open House! I took my in-law's power washer over with me with the intention to clean off the siding of her house and then get the majority of paint off the other parts (half her house is wood-sided, the other half is actually siding!)...the power washer SUCKED. Her own hose with a nozzle on it was more powerful...and we even went to get a detergent to use with it! Oh well. So after we decided it wasn't going to work, I headed home. I felt, and still feel, really bad. I just wanted to help, you know!? So I got home about 8pm and stayed outside to put together our new outdoor porch swing that my in-laws got for Tony and me for our anniversary (coming up on June 21st)! It's so nice...they have one, so I know...even though I haven't used ours, yet!! Then it was PAST bedtime! I was so proud of myself last night, though...I got so much work done! There are a few other things I would like to get done this weekend, but most of them require someone other than myself doing them (read: "My Dad needs to help me!"). LOL
This morning, Tony finished the backyard, dug up some of the bricks in the way backyard, and sprayed the lawn (front and back) with some "bug stuff" (we told the kids it was "grass medicine"). We used this stuff last year and it really cut down on the amount of mosquitoes we had around the house...which is awesome for me. I've already got about 5-6 of those stupid bites! Two of them on my upper chest! Yikes! This was a good excuse to keep the kids inside today. Emma's been outside a lot this week and yesterday she was just so hot - almost to the point of heat exhaustion...so I wanted to make sure she took it easy today. She drank a lot of water today and was doing much better by the time the afternoon rolled around...but then we couldn't go out anyway 'cause of the bug spray. Worked like a charm! :)
I was able to get some laundry done while he was doing all that, and also get the kids breakfast, put dishes away and get both kids dressed. When he came back in, he got showered and dressed, I got Bradlee down for a nap and then got showered and dressed. Tony had to leave to DJ around 2pm, which left Emma and I having our "Mommy/Emma Rest Time"... basically, she did a "project" (birthday card for Gramma!), I did
laundry and cleaning, all while a movie was on! Bradlee slept until 4:15pm! A THREE HOUR nap!!! What a boy! He got up, we got in the car, and we went to pick up Karyn and then went to Red Robin for dinner, just the 4 of us. We ran a few other errands (got Gramma's birthday present and some other things), dropped Karyn off at home, and then came home. It was well past bedtime, but I let the kids stay up a little later to watch a movie. That's my favorite time...when we just lay in my bed and watch a movie. Bradlee cuddles right up and hands me his blanket. Then he looks at me, points to his feet and says, "Toes!" In other words, he wants his toes covered! So I cover him up and he just snuggles in! Once he's in bed, Emma does basically the same thing...just wants to cuddle! I love it, and I'm taking it while it's being offered!! :)
Tomorrow should be another fun and busy day: church and a birthday BBQ at my mom and dad's!! Will post more pictures then!! :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

I'm reading all your blog posts and I love knowing what's going on with you guys. Only wish we could get together - is once a year too much to ask? :)