Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sorry it's been so long!!

I do apologize to my avid readers that it's been so long since I've posted anything! I can't believe it's already mid-November...and it's supposed to snow tomorrow!!

My last blog was the day before election day. I took the day off, since Tony and the kids were also off, so the four of us headed to the polls to vote, expecting a long wait...to our (pleasant) surprise, our precinct had only 4-5 people in the line! We saw my dad in his line, which was out the building and around the corner...crazy! We went in, Bradlee sleeping and Emma with books in hand, got our ballots, and Tony and I had booths next to each other so Emma could sit inbetween and "read" while we voted. Now Tony's been pumping her for this day with "Who's going to be the next leader, Emma?" "Bwack Obama!"....But on our way to the polls, he was telling her that we can't talk about Barack while we're voting because some people might get mad at us and we could get into trouble...so I start filling out my ballot and I hear Emma wanting to be lifted up to see what Tony was doing. He lifted her up and she (loudly) whispered, "Daddy, did you vote for the new leader?" He said, "Yes I did, Sweetie." She replied, "Where is Bwack Obama's name?" LOL I giggled and the lady next to us giggled, too. Tony apologized to her and she just laughed and said it was no problem. How funny! :) Here's Bradlee's shirt for the day:

"I VOTE for a change...(my diaper's wet)!"

Nothing much else has been going on...Bradlee rolled over (front to back) on Thursday...he had the biggest grin on his face when he did, mostly because Emma, Tony and I were cheering him on! Emma's still taking swimming lessons and gymnastics classes, and started the swim classes in the pool by herself!

This afternoon, Lynne (my sister-in-law) and I took Emma and Bradlee to the Flint Institute of Music for their "Nutcracker Sneek Peek". They had dance rehearsals going on, activities for the kids, the Flint Youth Symphony rehearsing, and the big rocking chair from the ballet available to get pictures taken on! Emma and Bradlee both got their faces painted like mice (that's all they were doing) and both LOVED listening to the symphony rehearsing! Emma and I sat in the violin section and watched. She really liked seeing all the instruments she sees on Little Einstein's in real life and wanted to "try them out when all the big kids left"! LOL

1 comment:

Kate said...

What cute faces! Happy belated birthday. What did you guys do to celebrate?