Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Power Outage 2012

We made it through the storm! Last Wednesday, as most of you probably know, we had a massive storm that came through! I was awakened around 4:15am to the sound of wind, only to discover that one of my bedroom windows was open. When I got up to close the window (since we had the AC on), I noticed how windy it was. Fifteen minutes later, the power went out. I waited....waited...waited.....nothing. So I went downstairs to get my cell phone to set the alarm! Glad that window was open!

We did not recover power until the next day, about noon.....which left our fridge and freezers off for 32 hours total. We lost about 75% of our food! :( Here are pictures of our nicely stuffed freezer and our not-so-stuffed freezer....

We are able to make a claim with our insurance company to get some money for the food we lost...so that's good! I'm just glad we were all okay and our power went on much sooner than some people's!!!



No comments: