Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Amazing...

Wow. Seven years ago, today, my beautiful baby girl was born. It is so amazing to me to think that Emma is already seven...SEVEN!! Where has the time gone?!

While putting her to bed tonight (the evening of the 7th), Emma asked me what we were doing 7 years ago when she was still in my tummy. I told her how I visited the doctor and she told me to come to the hospital the next morning. I told her how Daddy (Tony) and I went to church for the Feast of the Immaculate Conception with Gramma and Boppa (my parents) and then went to Red Robin for dinner! That's why we always go to Red Robin for Emma's birthday! So when she wanted to know what we were doing at 8 at night, and I told her I was in bed, getting ready for her, she laughed! :) Man, she has no idea! :)

It's so amazing to look at these pictures and see how little she was...6 pounds, 12 ounces! Now she's an amazing big girl...just amazing. There is nothing she does that surprises me anymore...for example:


We were going somewhere on Sunday in the car and we were talking about how Tony's birthday was the next day (the 5th). Emma responded that only 3 days after that was her birthday and she won't be 6 anymore! Bradlee said that on his next birthday, he was going to be 6. Emma was quiet for just a minute and said, "No, Bradlee. You won't be six until I turn nine." <> WHAT? Yes, she figured it out in her head. I'm telling you, amazing.

Emma has really grown into a mature, intelligent and caring little girl. She's the kind of kid everyone wants to be around, everyone loves, and who loves everyone!

Another story...I was commenting on what a mess the bathroom was. I said something like, "Man, I just can't win. There's always something in this house that needs cleaning!" I took Bradlee into his room to get him dressed for bed and I hear the sink in the bathroom running. Emma comes in a few seconds later and says, "Mama, I'm on your team...I just cleaned the sink out." Bradlee turns and looks at me and says, "Yeah, Mama...now you CAN win, right?!" :) I love those two...

Happy Birthday, Emma! I love you so much!!!

No comments: