Thursday, March 24, 2011

I forgive you, Mother Nature...

Last Friday, I had the honor of playing a concert with the Flint Symphonic Wind Ensemble at the Flint Institute of Music. I say that I had the "honor" because it was truly an honor to perform a concert in my old stompin' grounds!! I arranged a concert with the Flint Youth Wind Ensemble and our group a few months ago. I played with the FYWE for 6 years, 7th through 12th grades!! It was probably the best time I EVER had playing my clarinet. The conductor, Jim Lee, was and is a mentor of mine still, even though he passed away from a brain tumor in 2001. The FYWE performed first. They are SO small! They have 13 members, TOTAL. BUT....they sounded FABULOUS! Took me back, especially because their conductor is Jamal Duncan, whom I played in the same group with back in the day! :) It was really a great concert! So, here is a picture of the Flint Symphonic Wind Ensemble last Friday!!

Emma has been so disappointed with this wave of snow and ice...she's SO ready to play outside...and Bradlee's right there with her! However, on our way home this afternoon from school, I made sure to point out all the beautiful ice-covered trees!!! Just gorgeous!!! This tree greets us when we pull into our driveway! :) Okay, Mother Nature...I forgive you for this crappiness! :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

It is so wonderful that you are still able to play your clarinet with ensembles. Glad you are enjoying it so much!