Monday, December 14, 2009

Silly Kids...

I could write another novel about all the things that have happened in the last two weeks, but I think I'll just write a little today and then post some great birthday pictures from Emma's BIG #5 later this week!


The first weekend of December, my parents treated Emma and me (along with my sisters and Garrett) to see "The Nutcracker" ballet at The Whiting. It's performed by a cooperative between the Flint School of Performing Arts and a group in New York. Emma has heard the story, and we even watched the ballet on TV last Christmas, and she just loves the story, so it was her turn to see it "live on the stage"! She absolutely LOVED it! She sat between Kathi and me, and God bless Kathi, talked the whole show! :) It was so much fun to see her excitement, though. As soon as the orchestra played the downbeat of the opening piece, Emma looks at us and says, "I KNOW THIS SONG!!" So cute! I think we've created a new tradition!! Here's Emma, Gramma and Boppa with the "big ornament" in the background!


Bradlee's been doing great. I have this feeling that if he didn't have the tubes in his ears, he'd be on an antibiotic right now, since he has quite a bit of drainage coming from his ear. It's so comforting to know he's not in any pain and not missing so much school! He's quite the goof-ball, though. He loves to pose for pictures, no unlike his sister, and just loves to be in the middle of everything. This picture was taken in the car while we were waiting for Emma to be finished at school...what a ham! I KNOW he gets it from his Daddy, but that's why I love them BOTH! :)





Emma turned 5 on December 8th, which I just find amazing! I took her to the doctor for her 5-year check up....she grew almost 5 inches in the past year!! Amazing! This past Friday, I picked the kids up from school and Bradlee went to Tony's parents' for the night while Emma and I had another "Mommy-Emma night". We got dinner (McDonald's) and went to eat with Tony at school (he has a basketball game that night) then we went to see "The Princess and the Frog". What a great movie! Emma loved it, too, of course! She's added another new favorite princess to her list and points "Princess Tiana" out everywhere we go! Afterwards, I treated her to hot chocolate at Starbucks! We had a nice time together. I just love my little (I mean, BIG) girl!!!

No comments: