Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Busy Busy!


I just have to say that I have the cutest little boy in the world...but there's definitely a reason why we call him the "shikval" ("tornado" in Russian!)...we thought Emma was hard to keep up with, whew! Bradlee's got nothing on her!! I took him to get his haircut the Monday before Thanksgiving and he cried the whole time! What a turkey! I think it was because Emma wasn't there to distract him! So when we got home, this is the look he gave me when I went to take his picture...it's the "I love you Mommy and I know you love me too...I'm too cute not to love" face! LOL It's also the look he gives me when he climbs up onto the dining room table before I can catch him and just sits there....I'm tellin' ya, Shikval! :)



Thanksgiving Eve we all spent the night at Tony's parents house, since we were headed back there for dinner anyway! We got up in time to watch the Macy's Parade! Bradlee LOVED the balloons and Emma LOVED the floats and the marching bands! Here's Bradlee and Beepee watching the parade!!





Emma got to help Nana stuff the turkey...she used apples, onions, garlic and spices...and it was DELICIOUS! Emma got a kick out of touching the raw turkey...and we saved the wish bone so she could take it in to school when it's her turn to have the mystery box. The mystery box is an old metal lunch box that each kid gets to bring home and put something in that the other kids get to guess by asking questions and such. Emma looks forward to taking it, and since she's in both morning and afternoon Pre-K classes, she'll get it twice as much!! She's already planning on having one of her friends help her demonstrate how to break it!


Bradlee's favorite part of dinner was by far the cranberry sauce! I swear, my kids will choose fruits over candy ANY day! He started by just putting his hand in the bowl, which was mistakenly left right by his seat...he was so nonchalant about it, so I had to take some pictures! He would just look around and then put his hand in the bowl and take a handful and go straight to his mouth! LOL Then he spotted the spoon...and a whole spoonful of cranberry sauce ended up on his lap! Although, some did manage to get on his face! :)



Yesterday, I took Emma to the eye doctor for a check up. Her eyes have not gotten any better since we last saw Dr. Chris in August...and I made sure he knew it. In fact, he even agreed with me that the crossing had gotten worse. So he is putting her in bifocals to try to train the eyes to focus. If that doesn't work by the end of February, then we talk surgery...
She had told her teacher, Mrs. Walters, that she was going to the eye doctor. Mrs. Walters told her that on Science day (Wednesdays), she could tell her class about her visit to the eye doctor...so a "nurse" helped us posed Emma for a few pictures to show her class! She didn't actually get to use these instruments this trip, but she's used them before, so she should be able to share with her class about her trip to the eye doctor! Should make a good story from Mrs. Walters to hear what she told them!! :)

We're all starting to feel better, but the time change has allowed for exhaustion to set in! Bradlee's had the flu this week, but nothing near as bad as Tony or Emma...we actually just thought it was a teething fit, since he just had a runny nose and a cough (we assumed, from the runny nose!)...he went to the doctor today and nope, flu. Three down, one (me!) to go!!! I WILL fight this one! :) Hope you have a great rest-of-the week! :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

So cute that Bradlee loved the cranberries. They were the only Thanksgiving food Lauren refused to eat. The only fruit she will eat is applesauce, but she would eat veggies all day if I allowed her. Glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving holiday!