Wednesday, September 16, 2009

First Week of School!

Well, it hasn't been a good week for pictures, but it's still been a good week! The first week of school went really well. By Friday, though, both kids were just exhausted! Emma cried all the way home on Friday because she was just "hungry and tired". She slept 12 hours that night! Bradlee's been good. Friday he was finally getting used to the whole new daycare routine. When my in-laws picked him up, though, they were told by his teacher that his teeth were gray. Sure enough, they looked like they were bruising. So into the doctor he went. We were recommended to a pediatric dentist, which we have an appointment set for the 29th. They aren't looking too bad, but they are still gray. Don't know what happened, but the only thing we can think of is that he fell and it didn't hurt him, but he hit is mouth just enough that it caused this mouth trauma! Poor baby boy! His smile still melts my heart, though! :)

Saturday I went to Tony's parents' house for the day while Tony had to DJ. We cheered on the Chippewas for their win against MSU!! Here's Emma in her CMU shirt ("Hey Mama! We MATCH!") and Bradlee and Beepee watching the game!

Unfortunately, Emma's now got either a really good cold or pretty bad allergies. Although, it's comforting to know that she was one of 3 out at school today...poor kids! Never fails!! Hopefully we'll get through this quick and move on!!
I've met Emma's teacher and she has so many positive things to say about Emma every day! She's stressed how much she's a natural leader and is such a joy to have in class. She's also told me how she can tell Emma was close on the Kindergarten cut-off, but believes Emma will do just fine and have the upper edge throughout school. That made me quite comfortable with the Holly schools. I'm excited to see her grow this year!
Emma and Bradlee got their flu shots yesterday. Tony met me there with the kids after school, so we had 2 cars at the doctor's office. When we left, the "boys went with the boys and the girls went with the girls" (in other words, Bradlee went home with Tony and Emma with me!). When we got in the car I said, loud enough for Tony to hear, "Emma, let's see if we can beat Daddy and Bradlee home!" Emma was all for it. At one point, Tony got in front of us and we got stopped at a light. I said, "Oh Emma, Daddy got in front of us!" She sighs and says, "Oh cramps!". "What?" I said. "Nothing." She replied. I said, "No, honey, it's okay...what did you say?" "I said 'Oh cramps' because Daddy got in front of us and now we're not going to beat us home!" I was trying so hard not to laugh. Instead, I said, "Ya know, Emma, maybe that's not something little girls should say. How about we say 'Oh nuts' instead?" "Okay, Mom. That sounds good."
Have a great week! :)

No comments: