Friday, September 25, 2009

Sick, sick...and more sick!

Well, if I said our lives were uneventful, I'd be lying....

We've been in school for about 4 weeks, and Tony and I have yet to pay for a full week of daycare! First, Bradlee had a virus/possible ear infection. Then Emma had a "stuffy nose" bug. Then Bradlee had another ear infection. Then Emma had a stomach bug. I blame school. :)

Last night I ended up taking Emma to the after-hours clinic. She had a temp of 102.2 and complained of a headache. No other symptoms. She actually asked to go to the doctor...once we got there, even though she felt so horrible, she was so funny. She didn't feel well at all, and all I could do was smile at everything that came out of her mouth! Here's a good example:

The doctor comes into the exam room. He shakes my hand, then Emma's hand, then Pinky's (Emma's stuffed bear) hand. He asks Emma what her friend's name is:

Emma (in a complete monotone voice): "Pinky."
Doctor: "Well, that's a good name for her."
Emma (still monotone, "with a roll of her eyes" in her voice): "Yeah. 'Cause she's pink."

HA! How could I not smile at that! :) Unfortunately, things went downhill from there. As she was drinking glass of water, (my first mistake...should of had her SIP the water!) she said her tummy hurt, put her hand over her mouth. I looked for the trash bin, but it was too late, she threw up all over me. I got some paper towels, and went to try cleaning some of it up...and she did it again...all over me. Ugh. What a mess! Then she started crying and said she had an accident. So there I am, my sister-in-law was getting the car, and I have a 4-year old with puke all over her, her bear and some of her blanket she brought...also ALL over me!! Good thing I have a strong stomach!! I stripped her down to nothing, wiped up as much as I could, and wrapped her up in her blanket. Lynne carried her out to the car and buckled her in and we got bags for her pj's and for Pinky. She was spending the night at my in-law's so Tony and I could work today. So, I've still got puke all over me, so I got in the car and drove home with no shirt on...what other choice did I have?! :) I didn't pull up next to anyone, and I drove the speed limit the whole way home! LOL Thankfully we had a blanket in the car that I wrapped around my shoulders! I got home and Tony looked at me like "What's this all about?" I just looked at him and said, "Got thrown up on.....twice." and headed for the laundry room! LOL Makes for a good story, though, eh?? :)

Except for these little bugs, my children are relatively healthy, and for this I am grateful. I am also grateful for the fact that Tony's parents are retired, so they are able to help us out when one kid, or both kids, are sick, so Tony and I are still able to work. Ugh. I just keep praying the worst is over...at least for a while!

On a brighter note...last weekend Tony's parents and I took the kids up to Frankenmuth to Grandpa Tony's Petting Zoo. For those of you who are familiar with the area, it's right across from Bronner's. It's a little farm area with all kinds of farm animals. Emma's been talking about "petting a bunny" all summer, for whatever reason! So, Emma got to hold and pet a bunny, Bradlee got to pet a miniature horse (named "Leroy") and see a sheep (which he now says, "BAAAAAA" to!) and a HUGE cow!!! For some reason, he just loved the pigs, even though they were sleeping!!! Emma loved feeding the pigeons they had in a wire cage and, of course, the wagon ride!! Here are some pictures:

Emma and Beepee feeding the pigeons.

The joys of holding a 3-week old bunny!

He wasn't sure at first, but then he went for it!
A day at the petting zoo! (With the sleeping pigs!)
Other than trying to just get our kids better, we've been pretty busy. Our DVR survived premiere week, and Tony and I have found a few new shows that we think we make like this fall. :) I'm back with the Flint Symphonic Wind Ensemble and am just loving it! We have our first concert on Sunday at Wolcott Orchards in Mount Morris at 1pm. If you're able, I hope you can come! There will be a little something for everyone in our repertoire!! Have a great weekend!

No comments: