Sunday, August 10, 2008

Bradlee's already 2 weeks old!

What a crazy two weeks it's been! The same day I posted the last blog (August 1st), Bradlee was admitted to the pediatric unit at Hurley for jaundice. His "number" was 17...which is NOT good, obviously. After about 12 hours under the bili-lights, he dropped to a 10.8 and we were sent home after about 24 hours in the hospital. I was concerned, but not scared, since we had done this with Emma as well...however, since Bradlee is much bigger than Emma was and was a full-term baby, his numbers dropped so much quicker and he's finally starting to look like a "normal-colored" baby! The corner of his eyes are a tad b8it yellow, and that's about it! Other than that, he's been so wonderful! He's sleeping about 3 hours at a time at night, making me get up only twice between the time I go to bed and the time I would wake up (or Emma wakes me up!)! He's eating good, sleeping good, pooping and peeing good...and Emma's been really good too!! She asks a TON of questions, and I try to give her the best possible, TRUTHFUL answer...but usually not more than she asks for! She's been doing really well and has been really helpful. It's amazing what a big girl she's turning into, and she's only 3!!

Here's one of my favorite "Emma-isms" that happened this past week:

Bradlee was fussing a bit, and my sister, Karyn, said, "Awe....Bradlee's not a happy camper!"
Emma: "What did you say Aunt Karyn?"
Karyn: "I said that Bradlee's not a happy camper. Are you a happy camper?"
Emma: "No, I not."
Karyn: "Why not?"
Emma: "Because I've never been camping!"

What a cutie! I hope Bradlee can handle her! :)

No comments: