Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Let the Summer Begin!!!

I know it may seem early, but us Coggins' take full advantage of our summers! Especially when it's so nice outside!!!

Well, as you may have heard, "The Rapture" was supposed to occur last weekend... :) Tony and I decided that if we were "left behind", it was because we had offended Jesus' mom...an animal knocked her over in our backyard, and then when Tony found her head while mowing the lawn, he put it back up on the blocks....see? It even sounds ridiculous! :) LOL We've laughed about this one for a while, now!!




The same day the world was supposed to end, Lynne and I took the kids on a road trip down to Farmington (about an hour away) to see my friend, Kristin, at the Relay for Life of Farmington! Kristin and I met at CMU and have remained in touch ever since! Emma loved having her face painted, and Bradlee liked playing the little kid games, like the sucker tree!!! I'm really proud of the fact that Tony and I have taught our kids about Relay for Life and that we participate in it and are involved in it so much!! It's so important to both of us, and I believe we can pass that passion onto Emma and Bradlee!!



As you can probably tell, Emma got her haircut SHORTER last week! She just loves it short and loves telling Chrystal how short she wants it! :) She's becoming quite the little lady, and I can't believe she will be a 1st grader in only 13 school days!! Here she is chewing gum...it's white gum and she's holding it with her front teeth....if the gum weren't there, you would see a lose tooth trying to come out , with a gap next to it! :)



For as long as I can remember, I have been organized. And almost obsessed with being organized. It's not that I'm really consciously obsessed with it, I just know how I like things!! Well, I took my sister (Kat) to the coupon class I belong to a few weeks ago, and she was amazed at my coupon box! Then a friend of mine posted a picture of her coupon stash on Facebook, and it was crazy...an accordion folder that was STUFFED! I posted a picture of mine in response... :)




What can I say? You need a coupon for fish sticks? Assuming I have one, I know exactly where to find it! Don't laugh at me...my methods work and have saved us over $2000 in the last year alone on groceries!! :) Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! I'm going to try my hardest to take some pictures at all our BBQ's we'll be attending! :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

Yes, after living with you for two years, I would agree that you are VERY organized! But, isn't that one of the qualities we all love about you? :)