Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Busy Weekend!

It has been quite the weekend! It seemed like anything that could have happened or be planned was this weekend!

On Friday, we went to Tony's parents' house for dinner. Tony's Uncle George was in town from Kansas and treated us to Gina's, a local pizza place that he basically will visit JUST to eat there! Bradlee was quite entertaining by pulling his own pants down and walking around and sitting on Tony to read his books! :)

The Flushing Relay for Life was Friday - Saturday, and Tony was asked to DJ for it, so while he was getting ready to set up, Lynne, the kids, and I walked around to check out the different campsites. Here they are enjoying their animal suckers Aunt Lynne bought them!
Friday night, Bradlee stayed at Tony's parents' house and I took Emma home. I "let" her sleep in my bed with me (which she LOVED) and Saturday morning we were up early to go see TOY STORY 3!!! It was SUCH a good movie, and Emma just loved it, too! Here she is with her 3-D glasses on!

Then we went to lunch at Jimmy Johns. At first I wasn't so sure Emma would eat well, but one she started, she ate about 3/4 of her sub, plus some chips and lemonade! We then went to a co-worker's house to help her get ready for her daughter's open house that afternoon. I helped by making some pasta salad and some brownies for all the people she was going to have come over! They have a trampoline and swing set, which Emma had a ball playing on...all I have to say is thank God for "sneaky skirts"!!

After the open house, I took Emma to her friend, Maddy's, house for a birthday party. Maddy and Emma have gone to school since Maddy was born (since she's younger than Emma!)...they've been buddies ever since.

Once I picked Emma up after Maddy's party, we went to visit Tony at his DJ gig - which was an open house! Then we went back to his parents' house to pick up Bradlee. While we were there, we had a surprise visitor!! The best man in our wedding, Steve, was visiting from Florida with his daughter, Kaiya! They came over for a little while so the girls could see each other and play together for a bit! It was like they had just seen each other the day before, and not about 6 months or so ago!! They picked right back up and played like best friends again. It kind of reminds me of a friendship I have with someone! :) I hope Emma and Kaiya remain friends for a long, long time!!

On Sunday, we went to my sister, Kat's, apartment for a Father's Day brunch...I have a few pictures of that, but will post them in a separate blog post! :) Sunday night I played in a concert in Saginaw...then we came home and C-R-A-S-H-E-D..... :) It was a great weekend full of family and friends, but I'm so glad it's over! LOL

No comments: