Sunday, March 7, 2010

Long, sick week...

Wow, what a week it's been. It all started heading downhill last Friday when I started getting a headache right around the time I got home from work with the kids...then, by 3 hours later, I had a migraine like you wouldn't believe. I got Bradlee to bed and let Emma watch a few movies (short Looney Toones ones) before I got her to bed. Then I just went to bed, too. The three of us were in bed and asleep by 8:30am. We all slept until 8:30 or 9 the next morning! I think we were all wiped out! The best part, though, was that my migraine was gone!

Sunday, I went to the dress store with my sisters and mom to look at shoes for Kat's wedding. That night, I had a back ache and my legs ached...I assumed it was from the ridiculous amount of shoes Kat made us try on! LOL (Let's put it this way, Kat's a shoe person...I am NOT.) :) The next morning, my glands were swollen, my throat hurt like the Dickens, I was achy and I had a 101.6 temp! Tony took the kids to school and went to work. I got up and moved around a bit, tried to get into the doctor with no luck, and then just went home and slept. Tony came right home from school and took me to the clinic. I was congratulated with a temp and really, really bad strep throat...especially on the right side! So, I got my antibiotic and went home to sleep some more. Oh man, did it hurt...the kids ended up staying at Tony's parents' house the rest of the week...'cause by Wednesday, I had white patches on my tonsils (that weren't there on Monday) and still REALLY sore! We called my doctor at home and she scheduled me in for the next day. My mom took a half-day so she could take me in, and my throat was so swollen, that I got a 2-gram shot of some shot (it was HUGE), a new antibiotic, and sent to an ENT to make sure I didn't have an abscess in my throat. UGH. Over to the ENT we went (the same one I take Bradlee to!), and he LAUGHED when he saw my throat. Said it was pretty bad, but no hospitalization would be needed. Agreed with the new antibiotic and was actually kind of convinced that it was mono, not strep! So, my mom took blood and ran the mono test on it. Negative. Whew!

By the next day, I had a voice and was actually feeling so much better! I talked to Emma, finally, since I actually had a voice and she was so awesome and cute. She told me to feel better. I told her she could come home on Saturday and she got so excited that she dropped the phone and Bradlee caught it....that was entertaining!

I've always know and continually am grateful for all the family and friends I have in my life that help make my life that much easier. This time, I needed help, and I was able to get it for me, too! I am so grateful for my family, who was able to rearrange so many things to help me get better! I'm not 100% yet...so I'm now going to go to bed! :) Prayers are always welcomed, and much appreciated! :)

No comments: