Saturday, May 30, 2009

Relay for Life #1

A friend of mine....actually, it's a woman who used to babysit my sisters and me, is on a Relay for Life team through her school. Their event was this weekend, so Emma, Tony's sister, Lynne and I wet to visit and see Tina (my old babysitter) and two of her three daughters, who were also participating!

Here's Emma riding the pony...can't remember the pony's name!

Getting her face painted....her facial expressions are priceless!!

The final product! It's a butterfly with GLITTER! :)

Emma with Rebekah and Rachel and their matching faces!!!

Resting after some running around at Relay!!

I think the hardest part about Relay and Emma is trying to explain to her what it is and what it is for...I think I did a pretty good job of telling her that it's to help give money so we can find a way to help sick people with Cancer get better, because right now they don't know how to fix it...we'll see how long that explanation holds her! LOL Our Relay for Life event is June 27-28 at Davison High School, from 10am-10am...Emma is so excited that she gets to spend the night with us in a tent! It's going to be a lot of fun!!! If you're interested in donating or are wondering how our fundraising efforts are going, here is the link to our website: "The Family" Relay for Life Website. You are more than welcome to join us at the event as well! There's always something fun to do for the whole family, and as I told Emma, all the funds raised go to help find a cure for Cancer!!

Hope you have a great week! :)

1 comment:

The Lapinski Family said...

I started reading the post and wondered if you were talking about Tina ... and then when I read the part about 2 of her 3 girls (and their names) ... well, I knew that I was right! I didn't know that you are still in contact with Tina. Be sure to tell her "hello" for me!

-- Monique